Cheater

Aug 15, 2006
I just rode the evart trails for the first time yesterday. If your looking for a challenging trail I recommend them. The trails are real tight with alot of hills, rocks and roots. It was a 23 mile butt-kicking.

YZMAN400

Dec 2, 2003
Cheater said:
I just rode the evart trails for the first time yesterday. If your looking for a challenging trail I recommend them. The trails are real tight with alot of hills, rocks and roots. It was a 23 mile butt-kicking.

They used to be much tighter no thanks to the Quadtards :bang:

Cheater

Aug 15, 2006
Actually, I seen two people with four wheelers trying to ride on the trails. They didn't make it 300', before they turned around. I couldn't imagine a four-wheeler getting through there.

sngltrk

Apr 23, 2002
Disappointed

I also rode Evart today, is sure has gotten wider in the last three years. It is not what it used to be. There are many more miles of wide open trail with tons more whoops. It used to be a slow 1st, 2nd gear trail now it's a fast 2nd, 3rd gear ride. The signs are posted "NO ATV's" maybe some people could use a refresher reading course. On a more positive note, the west side of the loop between the sand bowl and the cross trail connector is still a very fun ride.

slowone

Aug 4, 2006
You can't give quadtards a refresher course in reading when most don't know the alphabet. Haven't done the Evart thing, but my brother and I have had close calls with the quadaholic types. We were hustling pretty good on a "cycle only" trail, well my brother was hauling azz anyway, and we come around a corner in slide in throttle out mode only to be faced with a quad stuck between two trees. Thankfully for us, we both reacted very quickly and went out through the ferns and pine stumps avoiding a direct collision. My brother wanted to carry two quadtard heads back on his rear fender but I suggested we ask them if they understood why the trail had cycle only triangles up after our little foray into the stump laced ferns. I think they were aware of the error of their ways since they apologized and asked us if we knew which way the nearest two track was that crossed the trail. I don't hate quad types, I just wish they would think about their actions more often. Anyhow, pretty much any trail that the quads are given access to will be ruined. At least we can ride enduros for some quality trail! Sorry to ramble, just wanted to share a mixed traffic story. Good day..... :blah:

Don Marsh

~SPONSOR~
Jun 5, 2001
I know for a fact that Slowone rides a QUAD, in fact he runs down cycle riders. :yikes:
Don

YZMAN400

Dec 2, 2003
Cheater said:
Actually, I seen two people with four wheelers trying to ride on the trails. They didn't make it 300', before they turned around. I couldn't imagine a four-wheeler getting through there.

They have pretty much blasted the entire eastern side open all the way to the top. Thankfully the west side is still pretty tight. But Its probably just a mater of time till they bust thru that too :bang:

woodsy

~SPONSOR~
Mi. Trail Riders
Jan 16, 2002
I have sneeking hunch that until we, the folks actually using our land, are able to read and understand our laws and then get an accord with Law Enforcement that what we understand as law IS in fact law - we are simply fighting a loosing cause and getting upset for nothing.. Woodsy

Last edited:

slowone

Aug 4, 2006
To use a phrase that the law enforcement community is fond of, "ignorance is no excuse for the law." This should apply to both parties, law enforcement and land users. Sorry Woodsy, had to edit after your edit in order to not disagree with a statement I agree with. :nod:

Come on fellas be nice. I got on that death quad not realizing the brakes were maintained by "midas", stood on the brake pedal and nothing. Yeah, quads are great beer holders and they do have some merit when hunting but you won't catch me on an "ORV" trail with one. You guys took it and ran with it. :cool: I guess I'm getting a taste of my own medicine. I'll never be able to live down the fact that I ran Marsh over with a quad though! :nener: Oh wait, it's not supposed to be funny.

Last edited:

Don Marsh

~SPONSOR~
Jun 5, 2001
I think the guys in the "SS" class put you up to it. :)
Don

Fred T

Mi. Trail Riders
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Mar 23, 2001
Don Marsh said:
I think the guys in the "SS" class put you up to it. :)
Don

Well is was'nt me.

YZMAN400

Dec 2, 2003
woodsy said:
I have sneeking hunch that until we, the folks actually using our land, are able to read and understand our laws and then get an accord with Law Enforcement that what we understand as law IS in fact law - we are simply fighting a loosing cause and getting upset for nothing.. Woodsy

woodsy said:
Last edited by woodsy : Today at 08:34 AM.

Thats not like you to bite your tounge :whoa:

:nener: :rotfl: :nener:

slowone

Aug 4, 2006
Don, you called it man! The worst part is I'm a cheap bribe. They bought me a case of Falstaff Beer and promised a trip to Cross Roads in Kasky on amateur night. Feel kind of bad about not charging more. :nod:

OVER 50

May 29, 2006
Woodsy, heard a rumor of some mini-bikers riding on a walking/bicycle trail recently-You know the ones were no horses or MOTORIZED vehicles are allowed? This isn't a case of the kettle calling the pot black is it! :coocoo:

woodsy

~SPONSOR~
Mi. Trail Riders
Jan 16, 2002
YZMAN400 said:
Thats not like you to bite your tounge :whoa:

:nener: :rotfl: :nener:

You know me wayyyyyyy to well Yzman.......
I deleted a disortation of how I think law enforcement is setting us freedom seekers (anyone who uses public land for personal enjoyment) up by encouraging fighting among ourselves. I know of more then one instance where one CO will tell a group of quad riders one thing and then tell a group of dirtbikers a whole different story and then set in a courtroom and tell a whole different story to a judge!! I also know this happens with other groups too (hunters again fishermen ect..)..

OVER 50 said:
Woodsy, heard a rumor of some mini-bikers riding on a walking/bicycle trail recently-You know the ones were no horses or MOTORIZED vehicles are allowed? This isn't a case of the kettle calling the pot black is it! :coocoo:
You know how rumors are Bob, the frog tells the bird, bird tells the dog, dog tells the cow and pretty soon the moon is made of cheese... By the way,, the pot is black aint it hahhahaha Now if that rumor would have been about Mopedders there may have been some truth to it.. Come to think of it good buddy, you really need to be careful who you hang out with,, some people are just purrrrrrrree TROUBLEMAKERS thru and thru..

Attachments

• mondayridersjune07 048.jpg
    mondayridersjune07 048.jpg
    58.1 KB · Views: 182

INCA

~SPONSOR~
Sep 1, 2003
Woodsy, are you dragging me into this because you need help and support? You know I just follow the leader and one is not illegal until the red light goes on. Not always the case either because the time the red light did go on because of me, none of us were in the wrong at all. Are you also trying to make the point that your Trail 90 doesn't come under the motorized category because it has a gasoline engine for power and not an electirc motor?

Trouble Maker

INCA

~SPONSOR~
Sep 1, 2003
Could this be an explanation?

The Wondering Rotten Sucker

Attachments

• Enough Said.jpg
    Enough Said.jpg
    33.1 KB · Views: 145

woodsy

~SPONSOR~
Mi. Trail Riders
Jan 16, 2002
Trouble trouble trouble,, now why on earth would I go looking for trouble?? I was only correcting Bob on the whole minibike idea..... Although,, maybe he is on to something,, I think I am going to dig around and see if I can come up with a couple of those old lawn mower engine powered true minibikes for us to hustle around on for the next outing...
By the way,, I REALLY like your defense mechanism and will use it next time I get stopped on the rollerblade highway with the CT90,, indeed it is NOT a motorized vehicle,,,,, man I love you brother!!! Trouble trouble trouble......
By the way Ted, here is a shot of my daughter and her boyfriend from Florida mopeding with me recently.. Look at the smile on his face and remember,, he has NEVER been on a "engine powered" bicycle before ;) Oh yea Bob,, pay no attention to the background in the pic as these are not motorized vehicles either,,,,, trouble trouble trouble....
Woodsy

Attachments

• tamiandjoshjuly07 008.jpg
    tamiandjoshjuly07 008.jpg
    34.5 KB · Views: 108
  • tamiandjoshjuly07 048.jpg
    tamiandjoshjuly07 048.jpg
    29.8 KB · Views: 113
Top Bottom