pmccormick

Mar 4, 2004
Hello all. New to the forum. :)

Was fortunate enough to get the opportunity to particiapte in the FL GNCC round. Fortunately (or unfortunately, if your my wife), I got the racing bug again. :eek: :aj:

My story, like many, is too much going on, little free time, few opportunites to ride. Have read up a little on some of the other posts about HS and Enduros in the D17 region. So, therefore, can anyone summarize/give me any opinions as to the best 3-5 events within 3 hrs of downtown Chicago. No motocross events (10 yrs and 20 lbs ago, maybe), just harescrambles and enduros.

I have seen this Parts Unlimited OMA Nationals in my latest Dirt Rider...is this just like a GNCC but run by a different group???

Thanks ahead of time for any advice.

P Mc

jsned

~SPONSOR~
May 17, 2000
Variety Riders HS in Ottawa, Sept 19. #1 HS in dist 17 period.

Moto Pro harescrambles in Wedron IL (Ottawa) 3-4 a year.

Forest city riders Enduro in Byron IL (Rockford) March 28 th.

Roselawn INdiana enduro, one in spring and one in August. One of the biggest turnouts probably in the August one. Something to do with Bares in the woods :think:

VOR 492

Feb 18, 2001
The Byron Enduro is a good event,also the roselawn enduro's are good too. The united off road assoc. races are OK races, But I perfer the Enduros. Where else can you race and have a blast all day long? If you dont mine a little bit of a drive the Iowa D-22 enduros are great also.

What Class do you ride?

Just my 2 cents

Bill

pmccormick

Mar 4, 2004
Thanks to everyone who replied.

I did attempt the Byron Enduro last fall, but the bike bailed 10 miles into it, ruining my day. :| I would like to go back, but am not sure I can do it here in a few weeks.

Class - probably some kind of C class. I rode Vet C at the morning GNCC race because I had to catch a flight back in the afternoon, so the later Pro/A/B race was not an option for me. Still, it was the correct choice as the few laps I did do kicked my arse and then some.

If I were in any kind of physical/riding shape, I'd enter some sort of B class, maybe Fourstroke B?? (I am not familiar with the different class clasifications yet)

P Mc

Top Bottom