joey450

Jul 14, 2007
This past sunday was practice at one of our local tracks.After we were done practicing my son and i were loading our bikes when a truck and trailer pulls up beside us and starts to unload their bikes .One of the bikes was a 1981 Husqvarna 420axc ,it had no clutch nor shift lever it was a four speed automatic transmission , : :coocoo: according to the guy who owned it it was the only mx bike like that ever built,I for one had never saw any thing like it. I waited around to see it on the track but finally gave up after an hour. i have not been able to find much info on the net about this bike. i thought i would share this

Rich Rohrich

Moderator / BioHazard
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jul 27, 1999
Chicago

dirt bike dave

Sponsoring Member
May 3, 2000
One of my friends had a 420 auto that I rode many times. Can't remember if his was an '81 or '82. Compared to the '84 KDX200 I had at the time, the Husky was a big bike and hard to muscle around in the tight woods, but it was pretty fun to ride.

Rich Rohrich

Moderator / BioHazard
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jul 27, 1999
Chicago
Dave - I think it might be the tallest bike I've ever seen. :)

dirt bike dave

Sponsoring Member
May 3, 2000
Tall and long, too.

His had the 35mm fork tubes. He used to joke that since they were 'fine Swedish steel' they were stronger than the larger tubes on the Japanese bikes. 17" rear wheel, too.

When a clutch spring failed on a tight trail, all the Swedish steel in the world was not going to help him get around tight corners without stalling! He carried spares after that ride.

The other beef was the high cost of the Husky tranny fluid. It was an interesting bike and the auto tranny did help you hook up, that's for sure. Seemed to run hot on a summer day in the tight stuff, but he never had any major problems with it.

mideastrider

~SPONSOR~
Jul 8, 2006
A local suzuki dealer had a used 360 I'm thinking it was in 1980. I got to ride it but just a little in a vacant lot beside the shop no hills or anything. If I remember right it had a lever on the clutch side and you pulled it the bike kinda lerched forward and it was ready to go. About the same as putting a car in drive.

mx547

Ortho doc's wet dream
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 24, 2000
a few years ago, i bought a basket-case 360 auto enduro at a garage sale for $35. i put it on the auction site and got $330 for it. it was an interesting bike but i didn't have the know-how to restore it.

Top Bottom