kawman

Jan 17, 2000
Man everytime i jump when i get into the air my back end always comes up and my front end always comes down resulting in a major indo. What am i doing wrong!? Please help.....Thanx

------------------
88 kx 125
There is no such thing as too much power!

kawman

Jan 17, 2000
I try to but i must not be holding it all the way up the jump.

------------------
88 kx 125
There is no such thing as too much power!

High Lord Gomer

Poked with Sticks
Sep 26, 1999
Three possibilities come quickly to mind:

1.  Short, steep jumps tend to kick the back end up in the air because by the time the rear tire hits the jump, the front tire is already in the air.  You really have to be on the gas and even pull back on the bars for short, kicker jumps.

2.  When you hit a jump, the front of the bike goes up.  The natural inclination is to keep your body in the same position, so the bars come toward you and your wrist rolls forward.  A conscious effort and frequently re-gripping the throttle can help this.

3.  Like me, you're scared and let off.
smile.gif
  When you find the cure for this one, let me know.

Gripper

Apr 18, 2000
I agree with the other posts--sounds like you are chopping the throttle before "takeoff"....you don't have to be WFO, just keep the gas on steady and it should help....Good luck!

Gripper
'99 CR 500R
Vet Int-B MX

JG

Super Power AssClown
Aug 17, 1999
I do the same thing....let off the throttle right before the top of the jump. I think it's out of fear
smile.gif

Kwi-Chang

Nov 17, 1999
Tex

Thats a great freestyle move! And the bike seems to be very well trained especially since it was Orins first try. I have seen this trick done before but only with horses in the circus.  Do you have to whisper to the bike?

(How does the story end?)

------------------
Special-K D X
Founder: Rusty Demons Of Hurt M.C.

Texas

May 30, 2000
Orin was the luckiest man alive that day. He did end up eating most of the front tire and then getting run over by the "very well trained bike". All he received for his spectacular get off was a nasty 5" in dia. bruise on the thigh that hit the bars while returning from orbit. He is doing well and still rides with me as long as there is no flight time involved.

BTW: This was taken by Hi-way 175 in Crandall Tx. A very concerned elderly lady happened to drive by and see this in person and called 911 to the scene. I had captured this on a digital camera for their arrival. The Crandall Police have a print out of this hanging up in the station. We were all hurting pretty bad from laughing so hard.

Orin doesn't sit down much while riding...

I do have some after shots that my son took while we were trying to make sure he was alright. If all of you would like to see those.

Tex
99' YZ250
91' RM125 (the bucking steed)

Kwi-Chang

Nov 17, 1999
Show us more!  I was trying to figure out if the photo was "digitally enhanced"...guess not huh.

------------------
Special-K D X
It is better to have rode and crashed, than never to have rode at all.

gp

Jan 19, 2000
Looks to me like Orin had plenty of time to determine if not spending the money on some safe riding gear was worth it after all. Darn it!

Texas

May 30, 2000
GP,
That was taken about 30 seconds after he insisted "I don't need the helmet." I told him "No helmet, No riding my bike."

Kwi-Chang,
I will post the after pics when I get home from work. No it was not enhanced. I am sure Orin would have loved for it to be.

Tex

Texas

May 30, 2000
Hiya Thump,
I have posted the after pics @ http://www.nuthin.org/thump  

Thump aren't you here in dallas. I can call Orin up and see if he will do it again so you can see.

Accually you can open the picture up with winword and see that it is the original by looking at the headers. You know right click on the file after saving it to your desktop. Then choose "open with" choose "notepad" then click yes to the next screen. You should see the date it was taken on and the camera etc.... If it was a fake you would have adobe headers instead of OLYMPUS CAMERA headers.
smile.gif

BTW: I am the fat spode climbing out of the riverbottom in the other pics.

------------------
Tex

99' YZ250 ("The toy")
91' RM125 (Backup Toy)

Kwi-Chang

Nov 17, 1999
Tex;  Maybe Orin and Seth should team up for a Americas Freakiest Home Videos or a "How Not To ...Series.  Theres money to be made I hear. (And if they don't live to collect it you just make sure your name is in the fine print somewhere as the owner of the rights)

Well Thump whadya think - Is it live or is it Memorexed?

------------------
Special-K D X
It is better to have rode and crashed, than never to have rode at all.

<p align=right>06-07-2000 :Edited

Thump

Jr Admin Type
Jan 17, 2000
I am not calling anyone a liar but here is why I think it is doctored.
&nbsp;&nbsp;
Orin.jpg
&nbsp;&nbsp;
This is a color enlargement of the superman. Notice the pixelation around the body. Yes this can happen when you use JPEG compression. Jpegs have a hard time going from light(sky) to dark(rider) areas, but the same distortion is not occuring around the trees or horizon line, again light to dark.
&nbsp;&nbsp;
OrinR.jpg
&nbsp;&nbsp;
This is the Red channel of the image. Basically I isolated only the reds that occur in the photo, RGB being a subtractive color format you are looking at a negative. The distortion is again evident.
&nbsp;&nbsp;
OrinG.jpg
&nbsp;&nbsp;
This is the Green channel of the image. Basically I isolated only the greens that occur in the photo, again you are looking at a negative. The distortion is evident here as well.
&nbsp;&nbsp;
OrinB.jpg
&nbsp;&nbsp;
This is the Blue channel of the image. Same story...

Another thing that leads me to believe this is a hoax is the lack of a rider shaddow.

As for the headers.... I live in computerland, anything can be done, even headers and it does not take a brain surgeon to do it, it can't, I do it and I am not the brightest bulb on the tree.
smile7.gif

Is it a fake? I say yes, but  I could be wrong. I would have to see it downloaded from the camera to the computer to beleive it though.

Tex, yep I am in Dallas, going riding Sunday at the Badlands if ya wanna go.

Texas

May 30, 2000
Thump,
Not a problem. I respect your opinion. I can assure you it wasn't faked. I did notice that it did that after I clicked on "instant fix" in the Camedia software that I used to download the camera. It does the adjustment on the brightness and color. http://www.nuthin.org/phillip&nbsp;&nbsp;has a few more pictures with the same thing on them. Do you know if there is anything I can do to stop that distortion from happening. I am the fat spode in blue on the 99' YZ250

As for riding Sunday, We are going to Murry Lake on Friday evening till Saturday. I will see if I can talk the wife into letting me run out to the badlands on Sunday. If I do I will probably be hurting by Monday morning....
smile.gif

------------------
Tex

99' YZ250 ("The toy")
91' RM125 (Backup Toy)

Thump

Jr Admin Type
Jan 17, 2000
Was up at Lake Murray 2 weekends ago. It was awsome, though trees aint my thing.

The distortion could very well have been caused by the camera making adjustments. In general don't do it, Photoshop is a lot more powerful. Open the uncorrected photo in Photoshop and run the filter "Unsharp Mask" not too much though, you just want to get you edges a little less blurry. Jpeg is what is known as a distructive compression format, it tries to use the fewest colors possible. Blurry edges have thousands of minor gradations in a very small area and as a jpeg it sees the small areas as the least important and will drop those colors first and fill them with other colors it has decided to keep.

Hope all that makes sense.

Kawidude

D'oh!
LIFETIME SPONSOR
May 23, 2000
Just a thought on the shadow debate...If you look closely you can see that there are definitely two different shadows in the shot. It looks like the sun was directly overhead when it was taken. One shadow is just to the right side of the bike on the ground. There is a small light space in between that shadow and the other one (probably the airborn rider) that is located around the front wheel of the bike. I think it's real. Just my opinion.

------------------
-Kawidude
"Don't mock me because I ride a green bike!"

Top Bottom