Homer88

Jun 8, 2001
Hi guys.

I wonder if it's a design of KTM but when I opened up one of the nut next where the black rubber hose which supposedly drains the gunk out from the power valve,
I had lots of black goeey spooge flowing out.

1) Why isn't the black rubber hose draining out the spooge?
2) I believe my jetting is spot on. light tan spark plug so where is this "spooge"
coming from????

agitt73

~SPONSOR~
May 11, 2000
just imagein how deep the spooge would have to be to run out of the
crank vent hose wich was put their i beleive to ruduce getting water
in your crankcase but thats my thoughts i could be wrong?

dw450

Aug 3, 2003
well lets see spooge or plug color spooge or plug color spooge or plug color WELL DUH MAYBE YOU ALT TO RE CHECK YOUR JETTING YOUR STILL RICH!plug color is a reference point,if you want to get down to it pull da plug and and wid flashlight check the top of your piston and see if its all carboned up or if its burning clean! rember you do have a pilot jet too! and most woods riders ride off the bottom of the motor more than they do on the main jet therefor jet your bike for the type of riding you do.

gabriel

Oct 30, 2003
the spooge is a result of a few factors. First the type of oil you use. secondthe type of gas you use .and three speed of the motor. sounds like jetting is correct. do you follow reccommended procedure and tear down andd rering every twenty hours.Is this a new bike.I tear my cyl down every twnty hrs and clean the power vale as per maintaince schedule

Homer88

Jun 8, 2001
Hmmm.... Never thought abt worn out rings causing blowby and the powervalve.... I'll do just that and see how it turns out.

Top Bottom