EXC standard jets and values? Conflicts

jaluka21

Mar 5, 2004
Please ignore (wrong forum)

Could someone please confirm the standard jets on a 95 ktm exc? I have terrible plug fouling and suspect the jetting. It currently has a 185 main, idling jet a 48 and a NOZH(N02H?) needle with the clip in position 2 from the top. Air screw is at 2.5 turns out! My carb is a Keihin PWK 9 KTBC 1J.

I have found conflicting evidence on the site ktminfo.com where they list the standard carb for that bike to be a Keihin PWK 39 with a different(N85D) needle :ugg: , are these the same carbs?

The bike came with no info from the seller, I am now running 40:1 mix after trying 50:1. The plug is wet and oily and the pipe is spoogy, I assume this to be an over-rich mixture. I wish to start jetting from standard but would like to be assured of the correct values. Also, are the following true?

1.Needle clip moved up= leaner
2.Main jet no. reduced = leaner
3.Going from 50:1 to 40:1 = leaner (less spooge)
4.Air screw turned out = leaner fuel/air ratio

This bike has fresh fuel, new muffler packing, clean and correctly oiled air filter and a BR8ECM plug. Is this the correct plug even? The bike is ridden near London so GB or European spec I presume.

Any help will be much appreciated. Thank you.

Last edited:

jaluka21

Mar 5, 2004
Sorry, I meant to post this on the KTM/Euro forum, it doesn't want to cut and paste,can any moderators move it over please?

Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…