julien_d

Oct 28, 2008
I'm guessing you mean 125 EXC... If so, lucas is correct. It's a KTM.

Also, it is:

Made in Europe
is a 124.8cc 2 stroke
Has a lighting coil

Um. :)

Kx85Krazy

Mar 14, 2008
thanks guys. i sorta figured that stuff. but is it any good for trail riding? more of a track bike? is it GNCC quality?

helio lucas

~SPONSOR~
Jun 20, 2007
exc means "Enduro and Cross Country". they mx version is called SX.
the bike is outstanding for enduro. if i find one with plate at the right price i will buy one.

they are good bikes, only they tolerances seems to not be the best on older bikes. the more extreme case i know is the ktm 360 exc and 380 cylinders, have poorly mismached ports. the two side ports on one cylinder have 1,5 mm difference in height, the other cylinder have 1mm tranfers difference between right and left ports.

out of the crate they are better bikes for slow/woods riding than any japanese bike

Kx85Krazy

Mar 14, 2008
Thanks for the advice. Is the cr or yz 125 comparable? ive been told 125s are bad trail bikes unless your real good at keeping your momentum up, so what has KTM done different to make them so trail worthy.

csdwarf

Apr 19, 2010
The exc is far from a 125 motocross bike, different pipe, different transmition, flywheel weights, it has a lighting coil. it has all the basics that you would put on a yz or a cr to make it do well in the woods. stock

duke

Oct 9, 1999
The bike is no longer imported into the US because of the 150 model, and even when it was offered, there werent that many brought in. It has a well respected reputation as an excellent woods racer both here and abroad. The bike was designed from day one for the demands and rigors of tight off road events; Even the porting was created with these needs in mind. I have only seen one in real life and the guy bought it off of Craigs List from a rider back east (I live in California). The guy raved about it; great handling and decent torque for a motor its size.

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom