Excel Rims/ Powdercoated Stockers

yzeater

~SPONSOR~
May 21, 2001
I recently dented the front rim on my cr. Now...I've got several options. Option number 1, I can just buy an excel rim. Do these hold up well? Better than stock? Option number 2, I can take my rims over to my local dealer, have them straighten them out, and then have them powdercoat them red. Would a shop (Loudoun Motorsports, they do good work) be able to get them straight? How much do you guess this would cost? Would it hold up well? One last question of opinion, can I get black or gold excel rims without looking like a freestyler? I know that's an annoying lot of questions, but thanks for taking the time to help.

JTT

~SPONSOR~
Aug 25, 2000
YZ, if your rim is out of true (ie; side to side), then it can be repaired. If it is actually dented, then I would not recommend "bending it back" as this will effect strength negatively. The Excel rims are supposed to be both stronger and lighter than stock. As far as costs, you would have to check with your dealer, but they ain't cheap ;) I personally like the black rims, although they do get scratched from tire changes, unless you are very careful, but this would be true of powder coated ones too, probably more so.

Hope this helps,

KawieKX125

~SPONSOR~
Oct 9, 2000
Stock honda rims are really soft. Buchannon can straighten almost anything. If you are crunched for money, get it straightened then get it anodized. I had this done to my rims(black) at 30 dollars per rim and it is almost invincible. I cannot scratch it with anything. Solvents make it turn purple though.:think

Top Bottom