pyrofreak

Apr 9, 2003
Most oftenly when you order a set of rims, it tells you if the stock spokes are interchangeable. Look at a dennis kirk mag. That will make a side note if excel spokes are required also.

murphy's law

Oct 11, 2002
crmx, I bought excel rims for my 2002 CR. When i bought the rims i ordered the excel spokes with it. I turns out that the spokes, which were said to fit 01-03 excel wheels for CR's, were the wrong ones. At first i thought my local dealer ordered the wrong ones. So I drove two hours to another dealer only to buy the wrong ones again. So in short, I'm pretty sure the stock spokes will fit the excel rim/stock hub. I'm telling you this based on an eye ball measurement so I'd wait for someone who actually knows who there talking about before you try and lace em up. However, if you decide to buy excel spokes make sure you specify that you need the spokes for the 2003 model. If he tells you that the 01 through 03 spokes are the same he's wrong.

crmx91

Dec 4, 2002
thanks for the replies. i just drove 1 1/2 hrs to another dealer (honda of houston) and found out that the stock spokes are not recommended with excel rims(grr.) anybody want to buy some brand new black excels of a 02 -03 cr125? haha

pyrofreak

Apr 9, 2003
In my dennis krik magazine it says that you must use OE nipples and spokes for the front rim. It does not list your model for the rear rim though. So at least you can have a nice black front rim.

Top Bottom