Excell rims

MikeKX250

Mar 21, 2001
Are excell rims really worth the money? Are the they that much stronger than stock? How do they hold up to very rocky trails?

Buzz Bomb

May 9, 2000
Well, if your rims are bent then new rims are definately worth the money. They are a lot stronger than stock, so they should hold up find on rocky trails.

TrackMaster

Mar 15, 2001
If you managed to bend your stockers then Excels are a great option.

I have a stock front and a rear excel on my bike. My back rim was fine, but I caught a VERY good deal on it. ($37 brand new) I couldnt pass it up. But anyway, its a little bit lighter than stock, not much at all, but noticeable rim to rim. It is quite a bit stronger than stock, but I havent really smashed either one of my rims. My only complaint is, the color scratches easily (mines red) and you have to be carefull with the tire irons. I ride a little bit of gravel and rocky stuff, and havent scratched it yet. So I think it holds up very good.

I did hit a little gully once at about 40mph wheelied over it and didnt realize how big it was. It was between 2-3 ft wide and 3 feet deep. My back end took a huge jolt, my shock soaked it up fairly well though. Didnt bend my excel.:)

Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…