nascar20

May 7, 2007
I have a 2001 KX125, that seems to be spilling fuel out the bottom. Its comming out one of the vent tubes and seems axcessive, Mostly at idle, i had just taken the carb off and cleaned it beacause it wouldn't idle, now when it idles it dumps some fuel out about every 15 seconds

thanks

IndyMX

Crash Test Dummy
~SPONSOR~
Jul 18, 2006
Amo, IN
Your float is probably too high. You'll need to adjust it, and make sure that the float valve isn't dirty and stuck open.

rmc_olderthandirt

~SPONSOR~
Apr 18, 2006
nascar20 said:
i had just taken the carb off and cleaned it beacause it wouldn't idle, now when it idles it dumps some fuel out about every 15 seconds

Did you remove the needle AND the seat before you cleaned the carburetor?

If you left the seat in the carburetor when you cleaned it then the solvent probably destroyed the rubber seat that the float needle valve seals against. Now the needle valve can't shut off the flow of gas properly and it overflows.

You may have also messed up the float level while working on the carb, it is really easy to do. If the float level is too high the same thing will happen.

Rod

nascar20

May 7, 2007
Thanks for your replies, I had taken the carb off this moring and took it apart again, founf the o-ring on the needle seat was torn. I hadn't cleaned it the first time, someone else at work had done it for me! replaced the oring and good as new
thanks,

Also where can i get a cd-rom service manual for my 01 KX125, i have tried e-bay, no luck

Top Bottom