CoolClay777

Apr 5, 2022
I have a 2005 cr144 that feels like I've, been working on for like forever now. I did a top-end rebuild and some other stuff. It runs now, but not well. It smokes like crazy, and it doesn't hit the powerband as soon as it should due to it being so rich feeling. I lowered the jets from a 430 working my way down to a 330, nothing seemed to change besides it being a little weaker. I dropped the pilot jet down a couple of sizes as well and inspected the float level. When i had the carb off i inspected the reeds and noticed oil on the bottom of my cylinder? (I know there is supposed to be some oil, but it definitely seemed excessive) there was quite a bit of it when i kicked it over and looked in. I noticed that there wasn't as much gearbox oil in compared to the amount i put in it. (about 100ml less) I assumed it was a bad crank seal, so i took it apart and the seal looked great after i took it out, so i put it back in (partly because i didn't have a new one). The sleeve was hard getting off for some reason so i wonder if oil is somehow getting through there. But she still smokes more than ever. I am guessing it is a bad crank seal so i bought a new one. Should I order a new sleeve as well? Where else could gear oil be getting in my crank? Any advice would be great before i start tearing back into the thing.

Thanks! Clayton

Top Bottom