murphy's law

Oct 11, 2002
Is anyone running an aftermarket exhaust flange on thir bike. i got my hands on one and popped it in w/ the fmf fatty and shorty silencer. It seemed to increase the bottom but sacrificed a good portion of top end in doing so. Are these things made for woods riding? please post back with any experince/ knowledge of this product.

pro2k

Nov 7, 2002
I have a Boyesen exhaust flange for my 03 cr250 and it helped the low end and didn't seem to effect the mid and high. I ride mostly woods.

BEEF706

Sponsoring Member
Jan 24, 2002
I run the Boyesen as well. I honestly can't tell much difference in the power, (I did some other mods as well at the same time) but I broke 2 stockers and the Boyesen is much better built!

Faded

~SPONSOR~
Jan 7, 2003
How do you guys break these things? Not trying to start a fight, but I guess I'm lucky...I haven't broken one since I bought my bike a year ago.

BEEF706

Sponsoring Member
Jan 24, 2002
Faded, I dunno for sure how the first one boke, could have been casing a jump could have been the fact that I am heavy and a bit hamfisted on an MX track. :o the secind one I think I might have tightened it up without doing the bolts in order alittle at a time. that doesn't sound like much but it broke really easily.

bedell99

~SPONSOR~
May 3, 2000
Andrew I'm on my 4th exhaust flange. I have no clue. Really think its the whoops. I know my pipe is hitting them sometimes when i case if I'm jumping into them. Pretty much everytime I take off the pipe, I have a crack in it. I went out a bought an atomic for almost 50 dollars and broke (actually bent) that one to. I'm back to stock. I noticed absolutly no difference between the atomic milled piece and the stocker.

Erik

Erik

Faded

~SPONSOR~
Jan 7, 2003
Originally posted by bedell99
Andrew I'm on my 4th exhaust flange...I went out a bought an atomic for almost 50 dollars and broke (actually bent) that one to. I'm back to stock. I noticed absolutly no difference between the atomic milled piece and the stocker.

That makes me feel better all ready.:confused:

TOTALL

Feb 21, 2002
Yep, mine broke after about two months after I got the bike so I had a friend make one at work out of stainless steel so for so good. :yeehaw:

Studboy

Thinks he can ride
Dec 2, 2001
I guess as the old saying goes... "Pipes are like bumpers for dirtbikes."
:)

Top Bottom