OnAnySunday

Big Pig
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 20, 2000
lost in the deserts of NM
Was wondering if anyone knew of a site (or back issue of an old mag) that had some dyno testing on different aftermarket pipes for Honda's XR650R.
I hear (from good sources) that the stocker -w- the power-up baffle is the best bet.
That is probably what i will stick with, but i'm just curious...... :confused:

tarkus

Jun 15, 2000
Hey On Any Sunday.
I hope it's warmer in NM this Nov.4th than up here in Alberta (north of Montana) 10 deg. F and 4" of snow on the trails.
Any way I've got a 2000 XR-650R. I've progressed through the full "power-up" route to adding the HRC cam., Pro-circuit T-4 pipe, a Jona scoop in the air box (Baja-Designs) and air cut-outs in the left number plate like the factory bikes, etc.
The full "Power-up" kit and pipe are amazing with huge grunt off the bottom and race bike rip all the way up to full-snot.
Adding the cam., the T-4, etc. gave more of everything and is worth the bucks if you're after the full-race Baja rush this bike is capable of.
Check out www.off-road.com or www.dirtbikemagazine.com and do a keyword search for the XR650R and the comparisons are there somewhere, I just can't remember the full URL.
Good luck and have fun!

BigBore

Jun 16, 1999
Like TARKUS said, DIRT BIKE did a pretty decent pipe review for the 650 a while back. I tried using the White Bros. R4, and the E-Series on my 650, and I liked the stock pipe better than both. The R4 just flat had less power. The E-Series was much better than the R4, but I still liked the power delivery with the stock pipe the best. Both aftermarket mufflers were quite a bit louder.

Top Bottom