surfdog

Dec 20, 2003
i have a new xr250, first dirt bike. i'm looking into getting a new exhaust. the tight trails i ride in i need something louder so someone can hear me coming. i've read a hundred posts on exhaust and jetting it with this jet,that jet, sounds like a lot of taking the carb off and changing jets. isn't there an exhaust manufacturer that i can say that i have a 03 xr250, ride in florida which is pretty much sea level, need a spark arrester, ride the ocala forest occasionally, and sell me a exhaust with the exact jets i need for this bike. buy it, put in on and be done with it.

Rich Rohrich

Moderator / BioHazard
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jul 27, 1999
Chicago
surfdog said:
. isn't there an exhaust manufacturer that i can say that i have a 03 xr250, ride in florida which is pretty much sea level, need a spark arrester, ride the ocala forest occasionally, and sell me a exhaust with the exact jets i need for this bike. buy it, put in on and be done with it.

Nope.

YZ165

YZabian
May 4, 2004
:laugh: Find yourself a shop at your altitude with a dyno. Buy the pipe of your liking from them, have them put it on and jet your bike using the dyno. That is as close to "just being done with it" as you're going to get. Plan on spending about $150.00 to $250.00 in labor, plus the pipe and jets.

Rich Rohrich

Moderator / BioHazard
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jul 27, 1999
Chicago
Jetting a low power bike on an inertia type dyno won't do you much good. You'll make a lot of noise, spend a bunch of cash and still end up with a fuel curve that doesn't have any real world value.

Best bet is to learn how to jet it yourself. It's really not that difficult and it is a pretty satisfying experience when you get right.

Here's a good place to start :
http://ericgorr.com/techarticles/carbtuning.html

Top Bottom