yamarider88

Jun 24, 2007
hey everyone i just recently melted my piston and had to do the top end. i had the cylinder re-nikkasiled and put in a new piston, rings, wrist pin and all that good stuff. my question is i have this leak where the head pipe connects to the cylinder. it leaks quite a bit of oil i know i need to re-jet and have a jd kit on order but really i used all new gaskets and lots of silicone sealant at the connecting point. also a little oil came out where the spark plug connects to the cylinder i tightened it and now it is fine. is this normal for the cr's? my yz 250 did this when it needed new crank seals. also mines a 2002. i heard you can change the seals without splitting the case if so would someone please explain. my service Manuel does not show me how to do this with out splitting the case. thanks for all your comments. -woody-

Jasle

Sponsoring Member
Nov 27, 2001
couple of things. if you have a big enough leak at the pipe it will cause you to run rich causing more of a spooge problem. so fix the leak, then jet.

crank seals can be changed externally on some bikes. I don't know the honda's that well but I do believe you can change them from the outside. getting them out is a chore. I have done some externally by drilling a small 1/16" hole in them then screw a sheetrock screw in to them and pulled them out. I tape the crank with masking tape to make sure i don't nick it.

Top Bottom