eurogp

May 10, 2006
Hello, I have a 94 kx250 and I read somewhere that if I were to cut my stock silencer in half or at least shorter then it would help low end power. I was wondering if this would work instead of buying a new fmf short silencer because im trying to save some money. Also, would I be able to use fmf performance packing instead of the stock silencer packing and would if yeild any power gains or losses? If I were to do this would it hurt my performance at all because I also dont like the look of the exhaust stilling out the back when you look at the bike from the side.

Okiewan

Admin
Dec 31, 1969
Texas
If you notice any improvement, you are either a pro that rides the bike at it's very limits or you are simply hearing more noise, giving you the impression it's "better".
It's not worth the extra noise!

eurogp

May 10, 2006
performance

So the fmf shorty is louder than a fmf regular power core II silencer? To repack my silencer because it needs it badly now, can I use fmf performance packing? Will I yield any gains by doing so?

BSWIFT

Sponsoring Member
N. Texas SP
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 25, 1999
Please check out the RideStealth.com website BEFORE cutting down your silencer. Doing a mod like you are suggesting may be cheap but will undercut the whole sport. Everyone needs to take responsibility for their bike noise before none of us have a place to ride.
ear0007, the smilies only show a small bit of sarcasm the reality is less land to ride on, period.

eurogp

May 10, 2006
I was just asking

I dont want my bike to be loud I just wanted alittle more bottom end. I read about this mod somewhere and I was just seeing if it was true. Thank you christopher in tam for answering my question.

kawamaha

Mar 16, 2005
eurogp said:
I dont want my bike to be loud I just wanted alittle more bottom end. I read about this mod somewhere and I was just seeing if it was true. Thank you christopher in tam for answering my question.
if you want more low end you have to enlarge your pipe. add one inch in lenght in the first few inches after the cylinder outlet or in the thickest part of the pipe. costs little money but is a lot of work. however, it works! (you have a little decrease in top end)

j32

Uhhh...
Jun 8, 2006
yes it will change your power band .how much,well every bike is not the same
it will reduce back pressure
more bottem end,how much (each bike is diff)
the longer the silencer the more top end
if you dont believe it ride with out the silencer (not verry long distance)
i have had bikes -with and without ,
after you decide you might want (or need ) to re jet

Top Bottom