exhaust splooge

jeremy155

May 5, 2003
i know this is kind of normal but i ride hard mix my gas 40:1 and it splooges pretty hard??? what to do? should i lean jets or just seal it up and burn it out??? its a 03' kx125
please e-mail me at jeremy155@aol.com

Jaybird

Apprentice Goon
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Mar 16, 2001
Charlestown, IN
I've always felt that a high revving 125 needed more oil than 40:1
There is also benefit of better ring seal and consequently more compression with more oil.
If I were you, I would try a bit more oil in the mix (32:1-20:1). Simply changing your ratio will lean things out a bit, but then you need to jet all the circuits proper for that choosen ratio.
Also remember that a little spooge is not always a bad thing. Even with the bike jetted spot on for hard riding, you can see spooge just from riding a bit less aggressive for a time.
If you have had lots of residue coming out of your pipe, you may want to consider having the pipe cleaned at a radiator shop. Old spooge can confuse you into thinking you still need jet work when you may be just right. Choice of oil brand also makes a difference on the residue you may see.

Read Eric Gorr's instructions on how to jet proper.

Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…