trial_07

Play with gravity
~SPONSOR~
Apr 26, 2004
The stock exhaust on my bike has quite a bit of dents and is pretty worn-up, I figure it is time to replace it. I'm heading towards an aftermarket exhaust since the stock ones, IMO, are pretty expensive and don't offer as much in terms of power, durability, and look :) . I've read a whole lot of reviews and different opinions, but can't seem to make my mind. I was hoping you guys would help me.

I narrowed my choices to the following:

- Yoshimura TRC Comp Series (Slip-on)
- Big Gun EVO-R (Slip on)
- FMF Factory 4.1 (Slip-on)

I've read lots of bad things about the Pro-Circuit exhaust concerning durability, so I decided not to include it. Is Big Gun a good exhaust company? Or somewhat comparable to something like Hindle or Jardine? Right now, I' really leaning towards the Yoshimura slip-on and I hesitate between carbon and aluminum. Which one is most durable? From what I know, aluminum is softer and dents easily. Carbon is a very hard material and breaks. Any advice? The White Brothers Aluminum II seems very good also, but the company sold out and I don't think they made any slip-ons for that model. Thanks for your input!

oldguy

Always Broken
Dec 26, 1999
Spider has a white bros carbon on his 450F and when it blew up (yes blew up) after 5 rides I wanted him to get an aluminum but they sent him another Carbon. This one seems to be holding together but for peace of mind I wish it was aluminum.
By blew up I mean the entire can exploded during a race. The kid behind him said everytime he hit the throttle it looked like he threw a handful of confetti. Eventually the packing blocked the outlet and the pressure shattered the can into shrapnel. It had never been crashed and we have heard rumors of others doing the same but I have no confirmation on that. White Bros did repalce it no questions asked so I am guessing it was not a first

Chili

Lifetime Sponsor - Photog Moderator
Apr 9, 2002
Is the bike lacking in someway that you are trying to change the performance or move the power around? If not I'd pick up a stocker of E-bay likely for less than a $100.

trial_07

Play with gravity
~SPONSOR~
Apr 26, 2004
I've been looking for a stock one. The ones that appear on e-bae are from really far away or are for 06-07 models. Service Honda has a special, 75$ for complete stock system, they ABSOLUTELY don't want to deliver to Canada. :|

Thanks for your reply Oldguy! I've seen a carbon pipe really busted up last year. I'll stick to aluminum.

trial_07

Play with gravity
~SPONSOR~
Apr 26, 2004
That would be great! I'll work that out Thursday afternoon.
Thanks a lot!

Top Bottom