smb_racing

Master of None
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jul 31, 2000
hello all,
my 1993 KDX200 has had its FMF pipe for many years, it's been bent, straightened, rebent, restraightened and so on. This process has left it unusable and it's time for a new pipe. I have the stocker and it's in excellent shape. On to the question, what are everyone's thoughts on the modified stock pipe? Any advantages over buying an aftermarket? How does the Pro Circuit unit compare to the FMF pipe? Thanks in advance for all your help.

motochick

Mar 10, 2001
I have tried all three pipes and prefer the FMF over the other two. The PC is basically a flimsy copy of the stock.
I know that Sages bike shop had pipes on special, but I am not sure if that included the older bikes like ours. If so, he has them for a GREAT price.

Hope this helps.

Brenda

daveEX

Feb 11, 2000
if you have access to the right tools do modify the stocker, you will not be disapointed. i figured if it gets messed up in the process ill just buy an aftermarket pipe. i havent rode a kdx with the others so i cant give you a comparison, but i know it made my bike rip.later........dave. :cool:

smb_racing

Master of None
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jul 31, 2000
thanks for the replies, I might get ahold of sage to see about the pipe deal, I'll bet it's for newer bikes only though. I loved the FMF, that pipe made the bike come alive in a big way, but I found a pro circuit cheaper then the FMF and was wondering how it'd do, guess I'll have to stick with what I know huh :)

BTW motochick how do you like your 240 kit? Mine is great, I don't see the extra vibartion that everyone keeps complaining about :think

Top Bottom