smoothee125

Nov 29, 2004
wht's up fellow riders......i have a 02 yz 125...took my bike out for a eary morning ride one day..about 90+ degress outside..by noon 100+.. i live in vegas....i noticed my gas tank had cracked along the side...i did'nt crash or nothing...but it seems the tank expands from the heat outside..or in my garage..100+degrees in that mutha...the tank was 2/3rds full...i can understand somewhat why the gas cap vent hose only lets air in..but not out...but i'm thinking this is why my tank expanded and cracked...should i or can i remove the valve on my gas cap hose that causes this..then i will only fill my tank about half full.. hoping gas won't leak out?...or better yet... :bang: ..do i need to drain the tank after every ride when i park the bike in my oven of a garage? :think: ...any ideas?? :coocoo:

Last edited:

QKENUF4U

Nov 13, 2005
just remove the one way vent from your gas cap line. the cap is vented in both directions so if you wipe out you will loose some gas but thats better than a cracked tank.
as for the crack in the tank now, i would find a used/new tank or maybe someone on here knows of a good plastic weld that will patch it up for ya.

Top Bottom