AirtimeMosely

Dec 29, 2004
Just got my brand new 2004 CR125 out for a spin through the local trails today. I went from a CRF230 to this and boy does this thing cook. As I was getting use to the geaing and the new power, I slid out the back end and dumped it. All is OK exept for some good sized dents in the stock expansion chamber.

On to my question, will dents in the expansion chamber really hurt the performacnce of the bike? Also, are there any aftermarket expansion chambers that are a little more durable and harder to dent than the sissy stock one? If I get a new chamber, will I have to re-jet the bike?

CaptainObvious

Formally known as RV6Junkie
Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 8, 2000
Dents in the pipe can effect engine performance. It dependis on the depth of the dent and location on the pipe. The good news is that many shops can heat the pipe and "pop" the dent out. It's worth a try and cheaper than a new pipe.

There are many aftermarket pipes, but none are more durable than another. Your best best is buying a pipe guard.

Last edited:

Lissa

"Am I lost again?"
Apr 28, 2002
Give E-Line a call a get a carbon fiber pipe guard. They're all I use on my bikes and are way more durable then the cheap metal ones. They cost about ($125). (when a metal pipe guard dents bad enough so does the pipe)

bclapham

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 5, 2001
Lissa said:
Give E-Line a call a get a carbon fiber pipe guard. They're all I use on my bikes and are way more durable then the cheap metal ones. They cost about ($125). (when a metal pipe guard dents bad enough so does the pipe)

LOL- you can get a new pipe for $125!

Lissa

"Am I lost again?"
Apr 28, 2002
Yea, you can buy ONE pipe for $125. dollars, but the pipe guard will protect that one pipe so you don't have to keep purchasing (or repairing) new pipes. In the long run it's alot cheaper with a pipe guard. My bike has 40+ enduros let alone trail riding and practices all on the original pipe. Not bad IMO.

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom