Extended Weekend Ride

Thinking about hitting the H2O out at tahuya saturday. Any body been out there lately? Wet gear prob necessary.

I've only heard of the crater, but I'm sure it's the same area you're thinking of. It's being torn up fast for development, so our riding days there are numbered, but it's still a great spot. I keep finding good trails.

Jeremy

Victor Falls is in Bonney Lake, SE of Tacoma. Great place. They are doing work out there right now with logging, although most trails and roads open to recreation.

fishhead

die you sycophant !
The area above McMillan is going to be a large gravel pit. The permits were cleared very recently. Miles Sand and Gravel will be hucking gravel out of there big time. They have a history of being hard on dirt bikes so don't expect any favors from them.

Originally posted by fishhead
The area above McMillan

Fish, is this Victor Falls that you're talking about? If so, what part will be affected? I find it hard to believe that they can get any duel or triple trailered vehicles to the entrance near the school, and not likely to the Christmas tree farm either. The roads are VERY twisty.

What are your plans for Sunday? Doc thinks I might have Strep, but I feel much better today, so if conditions are descent, I may take a stroll out there. Want to come?

Jeremy

fishhead

die you sycophant !
Traffic will likely be across the bridge to 162. We used to go in on the road that goes up to the top on the west side above McMillian. There was more single track stuff in there. If you drop down from the bonney lake side from 410 toward 162 you'll se what I mean.

I'm probably going to hang around the house tomorrow. Doug has been itching for a ride.

I may go Sunday I used to go there in the 80s and early 90s but thought it was all gone.

I may be heading up to Reiter tomorrow. Anyone is welcome to ride, but it WILL be a technical ride. If I'm not feeling good enough for Reiter, then I may still ride Victor. I will post up here in the morning if I'll be sticking around local.

Jeremy

cody/tory and I went to tahuya on saturday and the conditions were near perfect for this time of year.I was really surprised the trails were not water logged.there was not to many riders and traction was great.the single track trails did have alot of trees laid down,but that makes for good adventure.

the nw dirt rider event callender is now posted FYI

We rode Reiter on Sunday. The snow level was pretty low, limiting snow-free riding to the lower trails. There were a lot of blow downs. We decided to take the trail to Wallace Falls. There were so many downed trees we spent more time cutting and moving them than we did riding probably. The biggest one we crossed was about 4" above the handlebars. Never did make it to the falls. Oh, and I got stuck IN May creek. What fun!!

Jeremy

Highbeam

Subscriber
The Victor Falls area is big. You can go clear down to Orting on the east side of the river. Very big.

Fron what I hear, Victor Falls is going to be just like Lakeland Hills by Lake Tapps. It's own shopping center, post office, It'll be its own little town within a couple of years. Out=r days are numbered. :eek:

Highbeam

Subscriber
little jeff said:
Fron what I hear, Victor Falls is going to be just like Lakeland Hills by Lake Tapps. It's own shopping center, post office, It'll be its own little town within a couple of years. Out=r days are numbered. :eek:
They've been saying that for 20 some years. I'll believe it when I see it. The "Cascadia" sewer is to be piped down to Orting's sewer treatment plant. Bunch of investors have been working their entire lives for it. Should be a self sufficient city so the claim is no impact to roads because noone will leave the city. Enjoy it while you can. Traffic alone will be a nightmare. Golf courses, parks, commercial buidings, residential, all in one. Somebody's dream for a city in a fishbowl. All kinds of social implications, kinda like a cult.