Hondaxrguy

May 17, 2001
I've only heard of the crater, but I'm sure it's the same area you're thinking of. It's being torn up fast for development, so our riding days there are numbered, but it's still a great spot. I keep finding good trails.

Jeremy

mudrat

Aug 11, 2003
Victor Falls is in Bonney Lake, SE of Tacoma. Great place. They are doing work out there right now with logging, although most trails and roads open to recreation.

fishhead

die you sycophant !
LIFETIME SPONSOR
May 22, 2000
The area above McMillan is going to be a large gravel pit. The permits were cleared very recently. Miles Sand and Gravel will be hucking gravel out of there big time. They have a history of being hard on dirt bikes so don't expect any favors from them.

Hondaxrguy

May 17, 2001
Originally posted by fishhead
The area above McMillan

Fish, is this Victor Falls that you're talking about? If so, what part will be affected? I find it hard to believe that they can get any duel or triple trailered vehicles to the entrance near the school, and not likely to the Christmas tree farm either. The roads are VERY twisty.

What are your plans for Sunday? Doc thinks I might have Strep, but I feel much better today, so if conditions are descent, I may take a stroll out there. Want to come?

Jeremy

fishhead

die you sycophant !
LIFETIME SPONSOR
May 22, 2000
Traffic will likely be across the bridge to 162. We used to go in on the road that goes up to the top on the west side above McMillian. There was more single track stuff in there. If you drop down from the bonney lake side from 410 toward 162 you'll se what I mean.

I'm probably going to hang around the house tomorrow. Doug has been itching for a ride.

Hondaxrguy

May 17, 2001
I may be heading up to Reiter tomorrow. Anyone is welcome to ride, but it WILL be a technical ride. If I'm not feeling good enough for Reiter, then I may still ride Victor. I will post up here in the morning if I'll be sticking around local.

Jeremy

pat567

Oct 26, 2002
cody/tory and I went to tahuya on saturday and the conditions were near perfect for this time of year.I was really surprised the trails were not water logged.there was not to many riders and traction was great.the single track trails did have alot of trees laid down,but that makes for good adventure.

the nw dirt rider event callender is now posted FYI

Hondaxrguy

May 17, 2001
We rode Reiter on Sunday. The snow level was pretty low, limiting snow-free riding to the lower trails. There were a lot of blow downs. We decided to take the trail to Wallace Falls. There were so many downed trees we spent more time cutting and moving them than we did riding probably. The biggest one we crossed was about 4" above the handlebars. Never did make it to the falls. Oh, and I got stuck IN May creek. What fun!!

Jeremy

little jeff

Aug 20, 2002
Fron what I hear, Victor Falls is going to be just like Lakeland Hills by Lake Tapps. It's own shopping center, post office, It'll be its own little town within a couple of years. Out=r days are numbered. :eek:

Highbeam

~SPONSOR~
Jun 13, 2001
little jeff said:
Fron what I hear, Victor Falls is going to be just like Lakeland Hills by Lake Tapps. It's own shopping center, post office, It'll be its own little town within a couple of years. Out=r days are numbered. :eek:

They've been saying that for 20 some years. I'll believe it when I see it. The "Cascadia" sewer is to be piped down to Orting's sewer treatment plant. Bunch of investors have been working their entire lives for it. Should be a self sufficient city so the claim is no impact to roads because noone will leave the city. Enjoy it while you can. Traffic alone will be a nightmare. Golf courses, parks, commercial buidings, residential, all in one. Somebody's dream for a city in a fishbowl. All kinds of social implications, kinda like a cult.

CRMofo

Mar 11, 2004
I live about a mile from victor falls ..moved here about 3 months ago. Ive driven all around the roads in the area but can't find a place to pull in so that im not unloadin the bike right on the street just as the BLPD drives up. All the dirt roads have trenches dug and tree stumps blockin them. Then theres that big ass NO 2-STROKE's and ATV's sign. Are you just goin in through that construction entrance or did i miss something? I want to find somewhere free close by that i can ride at during the week as it starts gettin lighter. Haven't been on the CR since last august.

little jeff

Aug 20, 2002
CRMofo,there's another place up by Carbanado, same type of situation though. No construction going on as of yet. I go riding out at Tahuya quite often in the winter time, and now that Summer is coming it'll be eastern washington time.
Little Jeff

CRMofo

Mar 11, 2004
ive been to tahuya a few times....gets pretty crowded in the summer. Fun riding though. Too bad there arent any real close places to ride without locals messin with you or callin the cops. I drove up toward evans creek last weekend and got within a few miles before the snow got too deep to go any further. then hit some lower dirt roads . All of them went up into deep snow and evil brush. Guess evans will have to wait a few months. Is there anything out past buckley worth riding?

Last edited:

Hondaxrguy

May 17, 2001
CRMofo said:
Guess vans will have to wait a few months.

Evan's creek is closed until April 1st. Rangers patrol the area even during the winter (I've seen them). As far as Victor Falls goes, if you ride a 2-stroke like I do, you need to park near the construction entrance. Just drive by on a weekend, an you'll see all the cars and trucks. You enter at the dirt road with the yellow gate right there at the top of the hill. I wouldn't think you'd be able to use that entrance during the week since you have to ride right through the construction to get to the trails. I haven't been there in over a month so there might not even be access to the trails from that entrance anymore. I haven't been out to "Carbonado" for maybe 6 months. They has some nice trails out there, but not a lot. Jeff's been saying they're tearing it up out there, but that the riding's still good. Maybe I'll be out there Sunday.....

Jeremy

Highbeam

~SPONSOR~
Jun 13, 2001
This is another reason to dual sport the XR. I could poke around looking for an entrance to some places and not worry about the truck getting vandalized or the PD busting me for road riding. I have had sherrif run ins out there.

Do folks still park out by the christmas tree farm? The trails are nice over there too.

There aren't any good places to go riding around here. Too many people. I usually end up in tahuyah or capitol forest for some real riding. Eventually you can pop over Chinook pass and ride in Nachese. Really nice area.

CRMofo

Mar 11, 2004
Hondaxrguy said:
I haven't been out to "Carbonado" for maybe 6 months. They has some nice trails out there, but not a lot. Jeff's been saying they're tearing it up out there, but that the riding's still good. Maybe I'll be out there Sunday.....

Jeremy

Where in Carbonado do you enter the trails? I'd like to check that out. Is the parking situation any better than at victor falls? Also, i've seen the yellow gate youre talkin about but never saw anyone parked near there. I'll have to check it out again tomorrow. Maybe I can find that carbonado spot too.

Hondaxrguy

May 17, 2001
I can give you directions, or take ya out there. It's actually just outside of Burnett. You can, or at least you used to be able to, ride all the way under the rickety bridge on the way to Evan's Creek. It did require about 1mile of road riding though.

Jeremy

Last edited:

CRMofo

Mar 11, 2004
Went riding up at Victor Falls today....saw all the trucks parked just like you said. Last time i went by was on a weekday. Rode for a few hours til i got lost. Guess I should have bought one of those maps at the bike shop. You're not technically screwed til you run out of gas. I eventually found my way back and found some cool single track runs along the way. Thanks for your help! I'm gonna keep going there til I get my strength back. I rolled a friend's quad up at Evan's last summer and broke my leg so i was laid up for a few months. Needless to say I have done nothing since then. Sucked into a world of laziness and beer drinking. I'd still like to check out the carbonado area...maybe a better weekday spot without going through construction.

Top Bottom