May 22, 2006
Local mountain I ride at has some lookouts points just about 4 hours in or so up the mountain. Unfortunately I have a 2-stroke :ride: and doubt I'll make it back both ways.. anyway that I can bring extra gas? So far the only was I figure is putting a jerry can in an old backpack.. =\
p.s. oh yeah, forgot to add the bike.. 01 yz 125

Patman

Pantless Wonder
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Dec 26, 1999
There are some options for carrying fuel on you bike so it depends how much you want to spend. If you want to stay on the cheap then up a small approved container of some kind or multiple small containers is the way to go. I used camp stove fuel cans when I took my trials bike on longer trail rides. Easily fit in the tank bag I had and gave me enough fuel to get back. Picked up a couple of 1 liter MSR (not that MSR) bottles at REI for a few bucks.

BSWIFT

Sponsoring Member
N. Texas SP
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 25, 1999
Accerbi makes/made and aux. fuel tank that replaced your front number plate and held .8 gallons of fuel.
Click here
I had thought seriously about getting one but opted for the larger tank. I currently run the IMS 3.3 gallon tank on my YZ250 and my buddies refer to it as the Exxon Valdez!:) The really nice thing about the IMS tank is it comes with a reserve style fuel petcock + and secondary petcock for the low area of the tank on the right side. If you keep the secondary closed you essentially have two reserves.
At first, the tank felt bulky and when full, the weight is noticeable. I've gotten use to it and it does not bother me. You can find these on the auction site occassionally but check out the price of a new one before buying used. Most seem to go for near new price + shipping. I've also had a Clark oversize tank, a less expensive alternative but you must use your stock fuel petcock.
Along the same line Patman suggested, find a 1 gallon fuel container and fab up a bracket where the front number plate goes. It might end up looking goofy but if it serves your purpose who cares.

Last edited:
May 22, 2006
I don't want to get a new tank, but I guess I can buy 2 of the 1 gallon MSR fuel tanks. How much, and where can I buy some? I didn't find anything on google

Patman

Pantless Wonder
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Dec 26, 1999
Well they are 1 liter not gallon. If you go to google and type in MSR fuel you will have PLENTY of hits.

f4stunter

Dec 18, 2008
I'm going to pick up an oversize tank for mine, but currently we ride with a few atv's aswell so we have them carry the fuel jugs.

Top Bottom