Tony Eeds

Godspeed Tony.
N. Texas SP
Jun 9, 2002
It was an uneventful 7 hour :yikes: commute to Merwin on Saturday to carry mark montgomery's new bike on it's last leg of the journey.

Merwin was everything that Lou described. The track is a natural terrain track with a few man made objects (jumps and berms) thrown in to keep the bikes out of the trees. It was rutted up bad and was in need of some serious dirtwork. Dirtwork that appeared to be in the offing soon as evidenced by the large piles of really nice loam near a couple of turns. Two woops sections and 3~4 nice size table tops made for an interesting ride for this (admitted) MX novice.

There was a practice loop that had 3 smallish jumps and a couple of turns that could be railed. It was fun as well.

Lou lead us on one confusing loop through the woods. We kept running back and forth across a stream bed and the inevitable finally happened. Lou got MUD on the 450. It was a site to see and frankly Lou handled it quite well. Knowing that he had a nice new powerwasher back at home probably help ease the pain. The loop was overgrown to the point that it was difficult to get through the branches in some places, but it was more familiar to me than the track.

The afternoon wound down with me trying to capture Lou with his new camera riding a wheelie through the woops section. Between his riding and my reaction times, we may have managed a good shot. That ended when Lou flatted his rear tire.

Dinner at Jazz, was great except for the fact that the Turbo Dogs were too good. I thought they were great and was doing fine until ... well as mark said, it wasn't the first two that got me ... it was the last two. ;) Coupled with 1 hour of sleep on Friday, they signed me out.

The drive back from KC was uneventful, although longer by about an hour and a half. I followed I35 back and after going both ways in one weekend, I can't imagine ever going I35 again. 75/69/I44/71 is much shorter and considerably more direct.

The bike is still in the back of the truck and it rained this morning so the mud will be much easier to knock off once the sun comes up.

It was great to see Lou and Eddie again and to meet Mark.
I had a great time guys and let's get together again ... :yeehaw:

Jamir

I come and go
Aug 7, 2001
you forgot the most important part, the midnight visit from me! Sorry I could not stay and chat but I had, well.....other, more pressing issues, awaiting me.

Jamir

I come and go
Aug 7, 2001
No, but she is a damn site purdier than Lou, Ed, Mark, and Tony!

I know, unbelievable. But true!

MrLuckey

Fire Marshall Ed
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Feb 9, 2000
Tony, thanks again for the bike delivery. It was good getting to see you and Lou again and another fine day of riding out at Merwin.

I believe Mark was impressed with the quality of the DRN members he has meet so far :cool:

B

biglou

Well, sitting here at work realizing that I forgot to bring in the flash card yet again, so, no pics yet! Doh! Yep, great day of riding and eating, as always. :) Great seeing you guys again and meeting Mark. He's hooked, btw. ;)

Tony Eeds

Godspeed Tony.
N. Texas SP
Jun 9, 2002
The few that I took are here. I have the full size, if y'all want them.

nikki

Moto Junkie
Apr 21, 2000
I still think Eddie is a closet MX'er

MrLuckey

Fire Marshall Ed
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Feb 9, 2000
nikki said:
I still think Eddie is a closet MX'er

Lol, it sure is a barrel of fun on the right track with not too many people on it. If I could just learn to turn without a rock, tree or root, jump off a piece of dirt instead of a log and do whoops I might think about getting on a track more often. ;)

squeaky

Roosta's Princess
Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Mar 28, 2003
Lou rode in the woods? Big Lou? From Kansas City? Are you sure you're talking about the same Big Lou I know? I don't believe it for a minute! And then to turn around and say he got MUD on his bike...

I think this Big Lou you speak of was an imposter...

CAL

Sponsoring Member
Jul 19, 2000
squeaky said:
Lou rode in the woods? Big Lou? From Kansas City? Are you sure you're talking about the same Big Lou I know? I don't believe it for a minute! And then to turn around and say he got MUD on his bike...

I think this Big Lou you speak of was an imposter...

Believe it or not...I've ridden with Lou in the woods. And I've seen him stuck in the creek at Merwin...with mud on his bike!!! :laugh: Granted it wasn't the blinged out 450, but he has ventured into the woods on occasion.

squeaky

Roosta's Princess
Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Mar 28, 2003
CAL said:
Believe it or not...I've ridden with Lou in the woods. And I've seen him stuck in the creek at Merwin...with mud on his bike!!! :laugh: Granted it wasn't the blinged out 450, but he has ventured into the woods on occasion.

:yikes:

Top Bottom