F@#$$%& Out Of Control Riders

Coach in ND

Mar 19, 2001
In my second moto at a local mototrack here in ND I was taken out by a self proclaimed "hotshot" who was out of control. We were both going down a steep hill with a sharp 180 degree corner at the bottom, I was setting up for the berm and he rear ended me so hard both of us and our bikes ended up 15' off the track and in a big pile. Witnesses said he swapped coming down the hill and grabbed a handfull of throttle completely out of control and then plowed into the back of me. We both remounted after a brief discusion on his riding ability and rejoined the moto in dead last. We were running top 4 before the crash. After half a lap I retired to the pits, way to sore to continue. I was met by many people that I have never met at my truck asking me if I was OK. Everyone of these people had there own story to tell about run-ins with this rider. Mostly being taken out or landed on.

After a clinic visit today I find out that I have two broken ribs and will be out for the rest of the season. I am very pissed that a rider who can't ride within his means wrecked a top 2 finish for the day and ended my season just like that.

People get hurt all the time. I realize that it is a hazard of the sport but I have been racing for 15 years and this is the first bone I have ever broken on a motorcycle.

XRpredator

AssClown SuperPowers
Damn Yankees
Aug 2, 2000
Been there Coach.

Took me out of commission for all of last summer, and I still feel the ill effects of it whenever I try to be athletic in any way!:(

Some guys need to leave the ol' brain switched on when the gate drops (or the starter's pistol fires).

KawieKX125

~SPONSOR~
Oct 9, 2000
I hear ya. The local C class is alot of yahoos that try to jump and land on people and hurt themselves. There is one particular kid who takes out anyone around him when he falls(he does so with alarming regularity). When ever I am around him, I slow down, wait for the inevitable swap out, case a jump and dump the bike and I casually ride around him.

cr125_king

Apr 2, 2001
I'm one of those riders~!:p . I dont race MX, but when i go on a mx track i'm out of control and wide open sometimes. I'm not always out of control, but lets put it this way> i never land the same twice. In bush monkey i'm fairly in control, but hey thats because theres no jumps for me to hit:)

HAzE

Uhhh...
Dec 29, 2000
Out of control riders.....

I have rearended someone before, but it wasn't really my fault. I was going down this straight in like 4th pinned, and I was hauling, and there was this kid on a 250f in front of me. And well, me and this kid are almost the same, I'm a bit faster. So well he's in front, and going fast, and I'm setting up for the corner, and instead of carrying his speed into the corner, he basicly stops, and then turns. So I had like no where to go, and jumped all over the brakes, and managed to slow down and barely nudge his rear tire. I finally got around him and everything was ok. I had a guy do that to me once. He was a "hot shot" and was riding in the beginers class, and well he came and cut me off, didn't try and slam the door, we were on a straight about the same speed. And started coming over, I hit the brakes, and went off the side of a jump. I was pist, and someone did that in the whoop section. Every rider should hold their line, and let people pass. Or someone will get hurt. Later.

N

NdKxRacer

We left before that race. Sorry to hear about the bad luck. Who crashed you? I raced in 125C on my old "83 CR125 and my son (NdKxRacer) races in the 80B class. This track was a real challenge, but I liked the way it was built on hills, unlike most of the other tracks we get to ride.

Coach in ND

Mar 19, 2001
Not sure if I've ever met you before....I haven't been around the NDMA much for the past couple years. I saw your '83 CR during the 125 C moto's.....sweet bike!! Kinda nice to see some old iron around.

It was #150, HJ Norman that took me out. He's new to racing and is plenty fast, but as I found out.....waay out of control!!

N

NdKxRacer

If he has been crashing other riders in the same type of way, there is a rule in the rule book to get him back. Not that it does you any good now, or will affect him now either, but it would get him into some hot water that he might think about his actions.
The rule states that " Any foulriding, unnecessary bumping, crowding, lack of caution, blocking, or other unsportsmanlike conduct t the race event is grounds for disqualification or penalty as determined by the track referee."
I have never seen any action ever taken, other than someonegetting a talking too, but sooner or later the board is going to have to get tougher with the rule book and start sending some of the "self proclaimed hot shots" home early to make an example out of them that this is an unacceptable type of behavior.
This same type of thing happened to my son in Ruthville. Both riders were having a top 5 race and the other kid came from behind and took out himself and my son in a very scary crash. I was upset, but considered it " that's racing" and did not protest to an official.I kind of wish I had brought it to the officials attention now, because the other kids dad is no stranger to being the biggest whiner at the track this year.
WOW, this got to be a long post.
Also, are you thinking about going to the Banquet at the end of October? I think that the business meeting that day is going to be VERY interesting, given some of the things that have happened this season.
Hope you heal fast.

Coach in ND

Mar 19, 2001
Protesting him might have been a good idea, but I used some very unsportsmanlike gestures and actions after the incident. :o This is something that I'm not very proud of, and realize that I was in the wrong.

The meeting would be great. Sometimes if you get enough people there you can actually accomplish something, but most of the time it's a waste of time cause the board as a general rule is very spineless and afraid to stand up to any rider or promoter.

I'm on the road to recovery already....maybe I can be back on the bike before snow flies if all goes well.

Coach

N

NdKxRacer

Glad to hear that you can move on from this and forget it. I guess that when you race, you have to take things as they are dealt to you and deal with it. I have had some good races and then some bad ones too, but I tend to remember my better days more than the bad ones.
Hope you are a fast healer.

vern#19

Apr 23, 2000
Psycos

Some riders do not respond verbal cautions and if they don't add them to your Payback list. nailem to the wall ( nice clean block pass:p )

Coach in ND

Mar 19, 2001
Vern#19,

Don't worry, his # is on my hit list!!! I've already notified him that there will be payback, and now every time he hears a loud thumper behind him he won't know if the time has come or not. I'm not usually a dirty rider.....but "rubbin is racin"

Coach

Top Bottom