Facebook idiots and cameras

250girl

Mod Ban
Dec 19, 2007
I use Facebook, as many of my friends also do. It is a useful and fun way to see pics of friends that have moved away, keep in contact with them, and find other people you know. I do not have many complaints about Facebook. I do however have complaints about some of the people that use it.

I post pics of myself and various other things on facebook. I do not post 300 pics of myself like some other annoying people do. Nobody wants to see me that much, not even myself. Often I will post pics that have my friends in them, from rides and trips and things. I DO NOT put anybodys pic on Facebook without their full permission. If they say no, i don't whine or try to talk them into it. No is no and I respect their right to privacy. But what really gets me is when I sign in, and see that someone has added pics of me onto Facebook that I didn't even know existed, and sure as hell don't want on Facebook! I don't appreciate ppl adding pictures without my permission. And some of the pictures are NOT suitable for my little cousins, aunts, uncles, and people that should not see certain aspects of my life and activities. Certain photos should never ever find their way onto the internet, and definitely never without my permission. Some pictures have shown up on there that have literally made my jaw drop in a " oh my god, so thats what happened last night" sorta way. I am just really tired of people not respecting my privacy or dignity. :|

People, (other than prof. photographers) who never put down their cameras really piss me off too. I mean, embarassing photos are inevitable and often quite entertaining. Like pictures of me doing a spectacular faceplant off my bike don't bother me. But people who thrive on catching you at the most innapropriate activity and then showing everyone and adding it to facebook really grind my gears. Or people who take nasty photos, and then won't show you or delete them,.... :pissed:

Thanks for letting me vent.

IndyMX

Crash Test Dummy
~SPONSOR~
Jul 18, 2006
Amo, IN
2 rules I have..

1. Never do something in public I would freak about if my grandmother saw.

2. Never let anyone take pictures of me when I am doing something my grandmother wouldn't appreciate.

You're young, it's hard to not end up in situations where you did something stupid and it got caught on camera. Plus, what with every jackass on the planet having a camera on their phone, it's even harder.

Oh.. and don't use Facebook/Myspace.. they're a cesspool of ignorance.

Deadohiosky39

Jul 12, 2008
Unless they tag you in the photo it won't show up when your family looks through pictures of you on your page. And it that case, i believe you can always untag yourself. I've done it before.

oldguy

Always Broken
Dec 26, 1999
Remember many employers now check out facebook and myspace profiles before hiring you. Those "funny" pictures really can cause you to lose a job opportunity. Most kids laugh and say it's nobody's business but a business really won't risk hiring the kid in 10 pictures passed out covered with beer cans, or smoking a joint, or.......

I have looked at facebook a couple times and am amazed at what gets posted quality wise. The totally blurred shot that might be people and the poster made sure everyone is tagged. Wish they were held to some photo quality standards instead of just fill your 1 megapixel camera phone and dump them all online

BSWIFT

Sponsoring Member
N. Texas SP
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 25, 1999
IndyMX said:
2 rules I have..

2. Never let anyone take pictures of me when I am doing something my grandmother wouldn't appreciate.

You're young, it's hard to not end up in situations where you did something stupid and it got caught on camera. Plus, what with every jackass on the planet having a camera on their phone, it's even harder.
As good advice as one would expect from Ivan!

Vic

***** freak.
LIFETIME SPONSOR
May 5, 2000
250girl said:
I use Facebook, as many of my friends also do. It is a useful and fun way to see pics of friends that have moved away, keep in contact with them, and find other people you know. I do not have many complaints about Facebook. I do however have complaints about some of the people that use it.

I post pics of myself and various other things on facebook. I do not post 300 pics of myself like some other annoying people do. Nobody wants to see me that much, not even myself. Often I will post pics that have my friends in them, from rides and trips and things. I DO NOT put anybodys pic on Facebook without their full permission. If they say no, i don't whine or try to talk them into it. No is no and I respect their right to privacy. But what really gets me is when I sign in, and see that someone has added pics of me onto Facebook that I didn't even know existed, and sure as hell don't want on Facebook! I don't appreciate ppl adding pictures without my permission. And some of the pictures are NOT suitable for my little cousins, aunts, uncles, and people that should not see certain aspects of my life and activities. Certain photos should never ever find their way onto the internet, and definitely never without my permission. Some pictures have shown up on there that have literally made my jaw drop in a " oh my god, so thats what happened last night" sorta way. I am just really tired of people not respecting my privacy or dignity. :|

People, (other than prof. photographers) who never put down their cameras really piss me off too. I mean, embarassing photos are inevitable and often quite entertaining. Like pictures of me doing a spectacular faceplant off my bike don't bother me. But people who thrive on catching you at the most innapropriate activity and then showing everyone and adding it to facebook really grind my gears. Or people who take nasty photos, and then won't show you or delete them,.... :pissed:

Thanks for letting me vent.

Show us the pictures, so we can decide if you have a right to be pis*ed. :joke:

Patman

Pantless Wonder
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Dec 26, 1999
250girl said:
Some pictures have shown up on there that have literally made my jaw drop in a " oh my god, so thats what happened last night" sorta way.
Well if you are in a situation where you don't remember what happened the previous night there might be other things that happened that you are not aware of that were not photographed. I recall having fun when I was younger but never to the point of losing time. Perhaps you should consider cutting back. :laugh:

Rich Rohrich

Moderator / BioHazard
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jul 27, 1999
Chicago
250girl said:
I do however have complaints about some of the people that use it.

Oddly enough we feel the same way about the forums at DRN. ;)

Rooster

Today's Tom Sawyer
Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Aug 24, 2000
IndyMX said:
2 rules I have..

Oh.. and don't use Facebook/Myspace.. they're a cesspool of ignorance.

What, are you a saint or something? :laugh:

Ignorance happens, no matter where you go. It's funny. I like to laugh at people, including myself.

IndyMX

Crash Test Dummy
~SPONSOR~
Jul 18, 2006
Amo, IN
Rooster said:

Ignorance happens, no matter where you go. It's funny. I like to laugh at people, including myself.

No, not a saint.. I just don't get caught doing stupid stuff.. Especially in pictures.

Ol'89r

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 27, 2000
If you are going to post pictures on the internet, you have to realize once they are posted, they are fair game for anyone that wants to mess with you.

I am amazed by the things I have seen on myspace. I have a good friend who's 15 year old daughter has a myspace account and the things she says about herself and her parents are absolutely disgusting. She is actually a very nice young lady brought up by a good family in a very good family environment. But, on myspace she comes across as a total slut. She talks about what jerks her parents are all the while using 'F' bombs every chance she gets.

Her parents are far from jerks. They treat her very well to the point of spoiling her. THAT may be the problem.

If her parents knew what she was posting about them and herself, they would be devastated. Some day that will happen. I won't be the one to tell them but I'm sure one of the many people that know about her myspace account and also know her parents will.

Don't forget. The stuff you post on the net, stays on the net forever. It could most definitely come back to bite you in the ass at the most inopportune time. If you know this and go ahead and post pics of yourself, don't complain.

There is no such thing as privacy on the internet and from what I have seen, not a whole lot of dignity either.

Just the rantings of an old grandpa.

XRpredator

AssClown SuperPowers
Damn Yankees
Aug 2, 2000
Rooster said:

hey Reggie Two Pennies, I commented on your picture on facebook . . .

;)

SpeedyManiac

Aug 8, 2000
You can adjust your privacy settings on facebook so certain people can only see certain things. If my friends post pictures from a night out on the town, I just untag myself of any photos (and I'm lucky that I never do anything really dumb, so the worst photos are usually just me with about 2-4 beers in hand, having a good time). I'm amazed what some of my friends post on facebook too...

2-Strokes 4-ever

~SPONSOR~
Feb 9, 2005
Missouri
I know nothing about Facebook or Myspace... couldn't care less.
I'm confused though.
#1... I do things that I wish weren't caught on camera.
#2... People have cameras.
#3... I don't like it that my picture is taken while doing what I'm not proud of.
#4... It's all someone elses fault. :think:
"A key sign of insanity is doing the same things over and over, but expecting different results."
thank you... Jerk-Wad

Vic

***** freak.
LIFETIME SPONSOR
May 5, 2000
Ol'89r said:
They treat her very well to the point of spoiling her. THAT may be the problem.

:nod:

Ol'89r

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 27, 2000
SpeedyManiac said:
You can adjust your privacy settings on facebook so certain people can only see certain things. ...

Ha! It's your friends that will be the first to rat you out. That's how I found out about my friends daughter and how to get past her security settings. Piss off one of your friends and your passwords or pictures will be sent to your parents or bosses computer faster than you can blink. :nod:

It's my understanding some people have two accounts. One for their friends to see and one for their parents to see. And the parents are supposed to be too stupid to figure that out. Don't count on it. ;)

Nothing on the internet is really private.

250girl

Mod Ban
Dec 19, 2007
Well, I am not a partier, and I don't do a lot of really stupid things (not including anything dirtbike related). But as it has been pointed out, everone has a camera. I don't get caught doing anything dumb in "public" ever. No pics of me passed out and being.... messed with, so far haha.

But there are a few that were taken at a night out at the the beach... and it really truly appears that my friend (female btw)and I are making out. Now this puzzles me, because I don't remember that :whoa: And it was taken 3AM on a private beach, with nobody but me and my best friend, a couple of guys, and my cousin. This is just an example of the things that show up on facebook. And proof that you are never safe from the impending camera. I really feel sorry for celebrities.

And always lock the door when you are showering! :yikes:

_JOE_

~SPONSOR~
May 10, 2007
A good motto to live by....don't do anything you wouldn't want anyone to see.

But if you do, make sure no one else is around! :)

This pertains to lots of areas of life.

holeshot

Crazy Russian
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 25, 2000
Ol'89r said:
Just the rantings of an old grandpa.

Yep ... sorta like the Walton's in here. Thanks for being there gramps. :cool:

Top Bottom