Factory chain oil ?

Feb 25, 2001
Curious as to what chain oil comes straight from the factory on brand new bikes ? I have bought many new bikes and it seems that they all have had the same chain oil year after year and its great stuff....does anyone know what brand it is ? Also what brand of chain lube turns chalky white once on the chain ? :silly:

Foxpilot

Jul 24, 2002
Im not sure what oil comes ont he new bikes, but I agree, they do an awesome job!

As for the the white stuff, I beleive your talking about bel-ray super clean chain lube.

IrishEKU

A General PITA.
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Apr 21, 2002
Originally posted by Foxpilot

As for the the white stuff, I beleive your talking about bel-ray super clean chain lube.

Ditto.

Phillip

MikeT

~SPONSOR~
Jan 17, 2001
Lee, Use the Honda HP chain lube. You won't be dissapointed.

Mike

Feb 25, 2001
Mike is that the same stuff you use ? Does it sling everywhere ? I loved that Pro Gold I had used for quite some time but cannot find a dealer that sells it.

Jaybird

Apprentice Goon
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Mar 16, 2001
Charlestown, IN
Factory chain oil? I've never know a chain to be lubed from the factory.
If you are reffering to the white stuff on your new ride's chain, that is a protective coating that is meant to inhibit rust. It is placed there by the chain mfg., not the bike factory. It may look similar to white lithium (BR SuperClean) but it sure ain't.

When you guys say "It's great stuff" what exactly do you mean? On what are you basing this opinion? You obviously can't reapply the stuff since you don't even know what it is, and one application of any lube will not be a good test....just curious what y'all are talking about when you say it's great???

Last edited:

MikeT

~SPONSOR~
Jan 17, 2001
Originally posted by The Honda Pilot
Mike is that the same stuff you use ? Does it sling everywhere ? I loved that Pro Gold I had used for quite some time but cannot find a dealer that sells it.
Yep, I use it regularly. It does not fling off, it doesn't get sticky and attract dirt. All the Honda dealers have it, $5.99 a can.

Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…