Magellan

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Mar 14, 2001
I am considering a kdx200 fro my wife. There is a '93 for sale in my area for $1700. Ad claims it has only ben ridden abour 500 miles and is stock.

Does this seem like a fair price? Also, how much does a 93 200 weigh. The main reason we're looking at a 2-stroke is the weight savings (oh yeah, my wife just loves the sound and smell of a 2 stroke. I tell her to just run the weed wacker to get her fix:p )

Mag

smb_racing

Master of None
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jul 31, 2000
That seems slightly high to me, I bought mine (got an exceptionally good deal) with a big bore kit installed, A-Loop reworked suspension, an extra pipe, silencer, clutch, k/s shaft and miscellanious other goodies for much less than that (don't wish to post exactly how much though). I believe mine weighs in at a slim and sultry 245 pounds :)

woodchuck

May 2, 2000
The price is not too bad (IMHO)

Hello Magellan,

I would think $1700 is a reasonable price, not a steal but not bad. It really depends on the conditiion of the bike. I would prefer to buy a bike with 500 trail miles and little mods, then a highly modified bike. I think the fact that it is stock actually boosts its value (Again IMHO). I Chicagoland the a 93 KDX for $1700 would not be in the paper very long before it would be gone.

regards,
WoodChuck

70 marlin

Mi. Trail Riders
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Aug 15, 2000
way too much !

I picked up a 99 fredette 220 for only $2500, and a 96 fredette 200 for a $1000© keep looking or offer him like $900©

woodchuck

May 2, 2000
70 Marlin,

what's a Fredette? I know who Jeff is, and I take it he has worked on the KDXs you speak of but what has been done that the bike now bares his name? :think just curious, suspension?, porting?

with all respect,
WoodChuck

agitt73

~SPONSOR~
May 11, 2000
i would say $1300 would be fair
and if that $1000 96 is the one i think it is
it needed $1000 worth of work

WoodsRider

Sponsoring Member<BR>Club Moderator
Damn Yankees
Oct 13, 1999
Originally posted by woodchuck
... what's a Fredette?
Chuck - Marlin's '99 was owned by a friend of mine who basically bought it, then had Jeff set it up just like his race bikes, before he ever rode it. My '96 200 was the same thing.

How's that GG300?

Last edited:

woodchuck

May 2, 2000
Off the thread topic-Reply to Woodsrider

Hello WoodsRider,

The GG EC300 is totally awesome, I could not be happeir with the bike. Its a total tractor which can really get up and move when you need it to.

regards,
WoodChuck

team-green32

MAGA
Mi. Trail Riders
Mar 27, 2001
Chicago
it didnt need over $400 dollars worth of parts.

the 96' KDX200 is a fredette bike because.
he bought the bike.
he put the 220 cylinder on it.
he did the suspension
stage 6 mods.
and i have the papers saying that its a fredette bike.

it had a fatty pipe on it but, the guy before me dented it.
so now it has a PC on it.

used to have a FMF isde silencer on it but, i took it off and put the stock back on because you have to have a S/A to ride on the trails.

Kawierider

Jun 7, 2001
value guide

hey,

i found a good website for looking up the values of new and used cars, boats, and most importantly motorcylces. you can select retail or trade in value, i usually use trade in because it is more realistic in my experioence. if you looking to buy or sell a bike go to www.kbb.com and find out a reasonable price for it.

tim

Top Bottom