Kokanee

~SPONSOR~
Dec 3, 2001
Well they lifted the backcountry recreation ban and we are back out riding the trails. We had set up a ride for the labour day weekend, but had to cancel because of fire danger. We are planning to have the riding weekend on Oct3-6 for anyone interested. I posted directions to the riding area(just outside Kelowna BC) on an earlier post in this fourm. We went riding last sunday and the trails are in very good condition, so we hope to have a decent turnout. Post any questions here and I will try to answer them.

teamgrizzly

Nov 25, 1999
Good friends of mine at the VOMC are holding a poker run and hare scrambles race on the weekend of Oct 4th & 5th. It's called the Big Rooster and a poster is availabel for upload at http://teamgrizzly.tripod.com on the Posters page.

Either way you go, have fun and keep the rubber side down!

:D

Mike / Team Grizzly

Kokanee

~SPONSOR~
Dec 3, 2001
I just found out due to the 2 races that weekend we are going to push the ride to Oct 10-13 which is a long weekend in the USA and Canada. There will be quite a few of us camped in Bear creek and any and all are welcome.

Kokanee

~SPONSOR~
Dec 3, 2001
I didn't know about Summerland, are you sure its not the hare scramble they had out there last weekend? Anyway less than two weeks till the ride and we should have a decent turnout. Its getting a little cold out there so if you are going to be there I would bring some extra blankets. The riding conditions are prime right now.

fatty_k

~SPONSOR~
Jul 3, 2001
There is another HS in Peahland on the 12th. The past weekends race was extremely dusty. I rode the course a few days earlier and decided not to run it because of the dust. If you are behind even two people, it is hard to see your hand in front of your face. I think it is dustier right now than it was before the ban back in August. Bear creek seems much better for dust than Peachland from what I have found.

Kokanee

~SPONSOR~
Dec 3, 2001
Hey Kyle we are going to ride the stupid trail on sunday if you guys want to come out to summerland let me know and we can meet at the a &w on sunday morning.

SpeedyManiac

Aug 8, 2000
I'm coming home next weekend, and depending if my cousins come to town, I may be coming over to Kelowna to race at Peachland. How's the course (besides dust, because I don't mind the dust)? I haven't been on my bike since July, so it should be interesting.

Kokanee

~SPONSOR~
Dec 3, 2001
Well its the 7th and the ride is coming up fast,only 3 days to go. I had people who showed initial interest, but have not heard from them for a few weeks. So if there is any interest we will be camped at the upper pits in Bear creek as of this friday(oct 10) till monday. We have some awesome rides planned as well as the blender and hottub are in working order.Hope to see some drn people there. Any and all are welcome!

bbbom

~SPONSOR~
Aug 13, 1999
Sorry Keith, we won't be able to make it. Karl is stuck for this weekend & we talked to Will and he has to get work done at home. Lisa sold her bike & is busy in school & Lori T. is trying to finish up their house so they can move in before winter.

We all want to make it up there, how about a weekend after Father's Day & before the 4th of July 2004?

Tell Gordy I made it up the hill on Batey Bould Connector Trail 306 even though he wasn't there!

SpeedyManiac

Aug 8, 2000
My cousins decided to come over to visit so I won't be able to make it over. I'll be racing over in Kelowna next season so I'll be sure to make it over for a ride too.

firecracker22

Sponsoring Member
Oct 23, 2000
Wish I could go but I'm outta money after Dirtweek so I have to stick close to home this time. You guys going to do Reno again?

Kokanee

~SPONSOR~
Dec 3, 2001
Sorry to hear you Washinton guys can't make it up. We are planning on Reno (should be 6 of us this time in a class A motorhome)so we will see some of you there. We can plan a ride for next year Possibly near the end of May.

gospeedracer

Chat Mom
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Feb 8, 2000
Originally posted by Kokanee
We are planning on Reno (should be 6 of us this time in a class A motorhome)so we will see some of you there.
So does this mean the blender to beat all blenders will be at Reno again?!! :confused:

Farmer John

T.C.F.<br>(tire changin' fool)
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Mar 8, 2000
Sorry to hear you Washinton guys can't make it up. We are planning on Reno (should be 6 of us this time in a class A motorhome)so we will see some of you there.

:thumb: :thumb:

KiwiBird

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 30, 2000
Sorry to hear you Washinton guys can't make it up. We are planning on Reno (should be 6 of us this time in a class A motorhome)so we will see some of you there. We can plan a ride for next year Possibly near the end of May.

Is the hot tub coming too?

Kokanee

~SPONSOR~
Dec 3, 2001
You get us the water Kiwi!!! Its a desert remember. We now have 2 blenders so we can have magaritas and daquries at the same time. We hope to have room for both, but will be bringing one for sure. To all those who didn't make it to our ride last weekend you missed out on some excellent riding and one hell of a party. I'll be hung over for a week! Hope some more of you can make it the next time we have a ride plaaned next year.

Kokanee

~SPONSOR~
Dec 3, 2001
Its an actual fiberglas hottub so for us to haul it 1200 miles we would need a bigger truck and a bigger budget than we got for the trip. If you want to enjoy it you will just have to come to Canada to do it Kiwi.

Top Bottom