Imathorp

Dec 29, 2003
watch some bull riding they can teach you how to fly! LOL

In skydiving I was taught the P.L.F.(Personal Landing Formation) the trick is to land on your feet with Knees bent slightly (together is better) and roll from your feet, to knees, to hips, to shoulders.

or you could borrow the neighbors cat, throw it from the roof and observe! just KIDDING!!

Phoenix

Jan 25, 2004
Martial arts

You might want to check out ukemi, I think that's how you spell it. It's the chinese/japanese art of falling. it takes about a year to learn, 2 to master. I learned it when I took sil lum and I've seen people jump off 4 story buildings and walk away during demos, I just don't have the balls to try it, but I guess I'll find out for myself when I start practicing FMX this summer. you should be able to find a book or video through a web search or call all the martial arts schools in your yellow pages. also I've seen people on the OLN network doing judo before kayaking high class rapids, skydiving, kite surfing, etc. Judo is supposed to strengthen your bones and joints to help keep them from breaking, and it's fun cardio for race fitness, I rather do forms/katas or spar for an hour than run, but to each his own this is just my two cents...

Phoenix

cr250
ktm300exc

kdxman15

Aug 21, 2003
i was riding at a jump in 4th gear in my paddock and just as the front wheel left the lip the bike hit power band and kicked me off the back (i did half a backflip) came down slid along on my stomach.looked up to see the bike flying over top of me upside down.i was only wearing shorts tee-shirt and helmet so i lost a bit of skin. nothing to serious but i wish i bailed earlyer.

70 marlin

Mi. Trail Riders
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Aug 15, 2000
kdxman15 said:
i was riding at a jump in 4th gear in my paddock and just as the front wheel left the lip the bike hit power band and kicked me off the back (i did half a backflip) came down slid along on my stomach.looked up to see the bike flying over top of me upside down.i was only wearing shorts tee-shirt and helmet so i lost a bit of skin. nothing to serious but i wish i bailed earlyer.

I bet you hear this a lot "Get your head out of your A*#" Have you ever heard of safty gear? :flame:

Psalm31.24

Dec 5, 2002
take a judo class. they'll teach you how to fall. getting thrown around by the better guys will teach you to relax when falling. also you'll develop an instinct for where you are in the air with the ground coming rather quickly. just me 2 cents.

KAY DEE EXER

~SPONSOR~
Mar 3, 2003
A brain? Whats that !!! Seriously but, if your health isnt worth a couple of hundred dollars in protective gear why bother even wearing a helmet. As stated somewhere else "Dress for the crash, Not the ride !!! I was a goose and broke 6 bones in my left foot from riding in runners. A mate in front flicked up a BIG rock that bounced off my radiator and onto my foot. The moral of the story is, "Use all the saftey gear you can get. If you dont and get hurt dont be surprised to get some critisism." Be sensible, Live long(er) !!!

Top Bottom