Family Camping Trip

Spent the weekend at Pinery Provincial Park on lake Huron this past weekend with the wife and kids. We had a pretty good time, but the weekend was just not long enough.

_JOE_

Subscriber
Very nice! I'm hungry now, that chicken looks great :) . The beach pic under the chicken is quite captivating, nice job.

Bspeed

Subscriber
very nice , man I sure wish I was there.

the chicken shot is so funny. love it.

Dang man, you are (seriously) a very talented shooter. Your MX shots always rock, this stuff is awesome as well. Number 7 just kills. Well done.

Squid never disappoints! Heck, you made hot dogs look downright delicious. Not an easy task! Well done, as usual.

squeaky

Roosta's Princess
Damn Yankees
All of those are great shots! I love the chicken one too!

And the chipmunk is so darn cute!!!!

Thanks guys. I figured a few of you would get a chuckle out of the chicken shot. Between breakfast, lunch and dinner, I spent a good part of the day cooking over that fire, and consumed a few adult pops.

This was the first real time I have used the MarkII since the shutter failure at Millville. Seems to be working just fine. All shots were with a 17-40 with the exception of the last shot. It was with the 300 2.8 and a Sigma 1.4X attached. Not bad for wide open at f4 and ISO 1600. The sunset stuff was giving me troubles, but I think I did ok for a first attempt. My biggest problem was I was at the beach too early, and with 2 little ones with me, my patients were running low, so I actually missed the sunset because I just had to get out of there. I should have toughed it out and waited, but oh well, there’s always next time.

trial_07

Play with gravity
Shot #5 is great and would make a beautiful wallpaper. Thanks for sharing :cool:

MXGirl230

Stupid tires and trees
Mi. Trail Riders
Those are all amazing! How do you take a picture of food and make it look like more than just breakfast?

MXGirl230 said:
Those are all amazing! How do you take a picture of food and make it look like more than just breakfast?
I'm a hell of a cook. :laugh:

Seriously, I didn't do anything special. That's just the way it looked.