fatherandson

Mi. Trail Riders
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Feb 3, 2001
I attempted to post this information earlier, but the documents were too large. The flyer for the Arbor Day enduro and the 2008 schedule are on midwestenduros.com. I am hoping the updated information will be on the D14 website real soon too.
I would like to thank Cody D. for his assistance in creating the flyer. Let me know if anyone has a question about this event or the series.
We are trying some different methods of advertising the FES and D14 events. We hope to see more people at these events. Please pass the word!

fatherandson

Mi. Trail Riders
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Feb 3, 2001
I have received the first pre entry for the Arbor Day Enduro - John VanHimbergen has that honor. Everyone will need to sign the waivers at sign up, but I promise a quicker sign up process for the pre entries. You can also select your row assignment.

dave2005

Jun 1, 2007
I was just wanting to get some info on these enduros. I have never raced before in my life. If I did the Pinecone enduro in July, would I be eaten alive on a KTM 125?
If I could get any info on how to train, what to bring, what to wear, and just how enduros work, that would be awsome.

Dave

WomanRider

~SPONSOR~
Mi. Trail Riders
Jul 19, 2006
My first time doing one of these was also the Pinecone about 5 years ago. For training I just rode my bike trying to maintain a speed faster than 12 mph. I also made sure I could do 40 plus miles in a day. I had a blast that day and now I am hooked.

fatcat216

"Don't Worry Sister"
~SPONSOR~
Dec 16, 2007

YAMAHUNT

Jul 6, 2006
ride! Pine Cone is 12mph for about 15-20 miles with a 1/2 to 1 hour break then there is a 18mph 15-20 mile section. It is made up of Cycle trail with some 2 track and event trail. primitive camping available, bring a friend (parent if under 18)to take your gas and lunch to gas stop. Helmet, googles, long sleeves, long pants, boots, and gloves. A digital watch/clock to carry with you to keep you on time. DUCT TAPE!
great fun, any family enduro is a great one to try!

fatcat216

"Don't Worry Sister"
~SPONSOR~
Dec 16, 2007
YAMAHUNT said:
ride! Pine Cone is 12mph for about 15-20 miles with a 1/2 to 1 hour break then there is a 18mph 15-20 mile section.

Lol. :) I read this stuff and realize how far I have to go! It's nice to know where to set the bar. (as in jump over, not have a drink.) or maybe I should say log, in this case. Nobody said it was gonna be easy!

!! :cool:

Wolverine423

~SPONSOR~
Oct 2, 2005
YAMAHUNT said:
ride! Pine Cone is 12mph for about 15-20 miles with a 1/2 to 1 hour break then there is a 18mph 15-20 mile section. It is made up of Cycle trail with some 2 track and event trail. primitive camping available, bring a friend (parent if under 18)to take your gas and lunch to gas stop. Helmet, googles, long sleeves, long pants, boots, and gloves. A digital watch/clock to carry with you to keep you on time. DUCT TAPE!
Well said!

Pretty much a trail ride with no pressure. Don't feel intimidated as its just not meant to be. Bring some friends or family and make it a day of riding with a tailgate lunch! There are a lot of good people around the event to help you get started. So just load up and show up.

DW

WomanRider

~SPONSOR~
Mi. Trail Riders
Jul 19, 2006
YAMAHUNT said:

Last year was different. The entire ride was at 12mph.

fatcat216

"Don't Worry Sister"
~SPONSOR~
Dec 16, 2007
WomanRider said:
Last year was different. The entire ride was at 12mph.

I'd be interested in hearing more about the terrain, and trail width etc.

When do they close checkpoints, that sort of thing, if you don't meet the time deadlines? Is there a "sweeper" for say, incompetent moms with their inexperienced kids? lol.

WomanRider

~SPONSOR~
Mi. Trail Riders
Jul 19, 2006
Hey now! Dont start calling riders incompetent. All riders start out some where! Don't start knocking women

And Yes there are sweeper crews for those of us who get injured, and need a helicopter to get out of the woods.

Last edited:

fatcat216

"Don't Worry Sister"
~SPONSOR~
Dec 16, 2007
Womanrider, please allow me to properly introduce myself.

I am a very aging mom of the female kind in the midwest. I bought a dirtbike 2 years ago. (I think). I've probably had time to ride on the dirt- at most- a dozen times.

I ride, at best, 6 mph in the woods. By these lofty 12 mph standards, this is indeed, a bit incompetent. Likewise, I have zero mechanical skills or physical strength to troubleshoot falls, etc. etc. with my daughter, who will begin riding in about 2 weeks.

If I want to knock myself, I certainly feel that is my privilege, and an accurate assessment of the current level of my skills. It is humor, a long lost art in our country.

Glad to know there is a sweeper. Still would like more information on terrain.

WomanRider

~SPONSOR~
Mi. Trail Riders
Jul 19, 2006
Thanks for explaining, and I welcome another woman rider. YEAH. I guess I should have understood you were talking about yourself. Sorry. I am the first to defend women riders.

WomanRider

~SPONSOR~
Mi. Trail Riders
Jul 19, 2006
What trails have your rode so far?

There is one enduro at the end of April you might want to try. I have found it is wider and there are a couple more first time women enduro riders who planning on attending that day.

Don Marsh

~SPONSOR~
Jun 5, 2001
Like everyone said just show up and everyone is more than willing to help you.

I know that eveyone helps because when I was with my grandson I stopped to help womanrider out of the ONLY mudhole on the course several years ago......come to think of it I had to use the GPS and direct North Flight into her last year. hope this is not a trend!
Man, Is spring here yet?

WomanRider

~SPONSOR~
Mi. Trail Riders
Jul 19, 2006
Don Marsh said:
Like everyone said just show up and everyone is more than willing to help you.

I know that eveyone helps because when I was with my grandson I stopped to help womanrider out of the ONLY mudhole on the course several years ago......come to think of it I had to use the GPS and direct North Flight into her last year. hope this is not a trend!
Man, Is spring here yet?

LOL
Actually my daughter is the one who likes those mud puddles. she did several face plants there for a while. So it is not a trend.

BadgerMan

Mi. Trail Riders
Jan 1, 2001
fatcat216 said:
Is there a "sweeper" for say, incompetent moms with their inexperienced kids? lol.

There are multiple extremely helpful and friendly sweepers. No one gets left behind.........never, ever.

There is one enduro at the end of April you might want to try.

Yes, I think the April race would be the better choice for a newer trail rider. That is, as long as the snow is gone by then :whoa:

Don Marsh

~SPONSOR~
Jun 5, 2001
Another 4" today,still snowing, it just keeps pileing up!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

BadgerMan

Mi. Trail Riders
Jan 1, 2001
Don Marsh said:
Another 4" today,still snowing, it just keeps pileing up!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Yeah, I was up there last weekend......no shortage of white stuff. I am planning another trip for next weekend. I guess I should leave the bikes home, eh? :coocoo:

Don Marsh

~SPONSOR~
Jun 5, 2001
That or buy a track conversion kit.

Fred T

Mi. Trail Riders
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Mar 23, 2001
BadgerMan said:
Yeah, I was up there last weekend......no shortage of white stuff. I am planning another trip for next weekend. I guess I should leave the bikes home, eh? :coocoo:

yEAH, i AM GOING xc SKIIING THIS WEEKEND AS THERE WILL BE NO MORE RIDING BEFORE THE TRIP TO fLA NOW-TOO MUCH SNOW.

D14openA

Mar 12, 2007
Dave,
Everyone has hit the nail on the head. The enduro scene consists of many good people, often willing to take the shirt of their backs to help you. Anyways if you need more info get a hold of me. via e-mail rasmussen600@aol.com. If you still live in St.johns you are going to have to come and check the trails out at my place. Pretty much what you'd expect at an enduro.
Nick Rasmussen

MXGirl230

Stupid tires and trees
~SPONSOR~
Mi. Trail Riders
Dec 19, 2002
I think we are going to try another one of these this season. We're going to try and get a couple of our MX friends to try it too :cool:

WomanRider

~SPONSOR~
Mi. Trail Riders
Jul 19, 2006
MXGirl230 said:
I think we are going to try another one of these this season. We're going to try and get a couple of our MX friends to try it too :cool:
Great, I will look forward to you and Phil at the spring race then.

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom