fatherandson

Mi. Trail Riders
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Feb 3, 2001
As released in other forums, here are the FES rules for 2012. Let me know if you have any questions.

FAMILY ENDURO SERIES RULES FOR 2012

Your age on January 1st determines the age class you ride in for the entire season. You may choose to move up to a higher age class if you are that age, but if you move to a different class mid-season, any existing points you’ve earned in one class will not be transferred to another class.

ALL riders will be scored. The “P” class has been removed.

The Trail Rider “X” class is available if you wish to keep time and be scored, but are not concerned with winning a trophy or earning series points.. “X” class riders do not receive a trophy or series points, but do get bragging rights! If you are not riding with a child under 16 years old, you will be required to ride in the first 10 rows (at the front of the event).

NO more than 6 riders will be allowed on one row.

The intent and spirit of the Family Enduro Series is to teach the sport of enduros and timekeeping. Enduro computers are not allowed; only an odometer and clock/watch can be used. If a rider is caught using timekeeping computer, disqualification will occur. We are developing a timekeeping award for the competitors who master this skill.

In order to promote SAFETY all events will use the 1 mile rule for minimum distance between checks.

Mileage markers should be displayed every mile. Some of the younger riders do not have odometers on their bikes. A good suggestion is to make the mileage markers on a different color paper so it is easily identified.

Classes A, B, and C will ride only the first loop, or the short course, at events. All other classes will run the full course. A, B, and C classes will start in later rows to help minimize traffic and passing on the trail. Trail etiquette has two elements: 1) moving over as soon as possible (generally to the right and possibly stopping on the side of the trail) to allow faster riders to pass AND 2) making a pass in a safe way. If trail blocking or trail plowing is observed, disqualification may occur after initial warning.

Support riders should ride BEHIND their child/rider. It is easier to keep an eye on them, and helps riders develop a better understanding of enduro timekeeping and strategy. If your child/rider is older than 11 years old (class E-K), they should be timekeeping to be fair to everyone.

Your best 7 out of 10 events count towards overall series points. You must complete a minimum of 4 events to be eligible for year end awards. AMA or District membership is NOT required to ride FES events.

A FES scoring team will be provided to handle the MotoTalley system. This team will also handle the fees for the use of the system and scoring efforts. The scoring team fee will be $200 for each event. The MotoTalley fee has been confirmed to $1 per rider. The scoring team will forward the MT fee to Brian Jahelka.

Please do not use an FES event to “race” as a way of practicing for the adult enduro held on Sunday. If this activity is observed, we will return your entry fee and require you to leave the course IMMEDIATELY! If you regularly ride the AMA enduro series, you should NOT be competing for trophies or points in the FES.

Have fun and teasure the time you ride with your kids….it goes by fast!

Mike

WomanRider

~SPONSOR~
Mi. Trail Riders
Jul 19, 2006
Just curious
What do clubs pay FES for year end awards?

WomanRider

~SPONSOR~
Mi. Trail Riders
Jul 19, 2006
fatherandson said:
A FES scoring team will be provided to handle the MotoTalley system. This team will also handle the fees for the use of the system and scoring efforts. The scoring team fee will be $200 for each event. The MotoTalley fee has been confirmed to $1 per rider. The scoring team will forward the MT fee to Brian Jahelka.

Mike

At the meeting you suggested the scoring team fee be 1 dollar per rider. Now you have 200 for use of the team. What about an event that has fewer riders? How about 1 dollar per rider, but not over 200 dollars per event. This will still make it reasonable for events that do not have a good turn out. Weather can cause lots of people to stay home. My two cents worth.

fatherandson

Mi. Trail Riders
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Feb 3, 2001
As we have increased the number of sponsorships for FES and had successful 50/50 drawings, the banquet burden has been reduced for the clubs. Some clubs still make contributions after the event($1 or $2 per rider), but it is not mandatory.

WomanRider

~SPONSOR~
Mi. Trail Riders
Jul 19, 2006
fatherandson said:
As we have increased the number of sponsorships for FES and had successful 50/50 drawings, the banquet burden has been reduced for the clubs. Some clubs still make contributions after the event($1 or $2 per rider), but it is not mandatory.

Thank-you to the sponsors and to those who ticket buyers. I guess if I had known this before I would have bought more tickets. I had no idea where the money was going.

Last edited:

fatherandson

Mi. Trail Riders
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Feb 3, 2001
WomanRider said:
At the meeting you suggested the scoring team fee be 1 dollar per rider. Now you have 200 for use of the team. What about an event that has fewer riders? How about 1 dollar per rider, but not over 200 dollars per event. This will still make it reasonable for events that do not have a good turn out. Weather can cause lots of people to stay home. My two cents worth.

Please remember - this discussion is only about the Family Enduo Series.

I did make that suggestion during the meeting. However, after the rules meeting I had conversations with some of the clubs. We talked about the removal of the P class. We normally have 30-40 P riders. A club will be collecting an extra $5 for each of these riders and not having to provide a trophy, nor do we need to keep points. I do not feel we will be putting any financial burden on the clubs for the service provided. Also, some clubs will experience a reduction in the MotoTalley fee.

The Moto Talley fee ($1 per rider) is mandatory. If a club does not want to pay the scoring fee, the equipment will be transported to the event and set up. Maybe Tom and I will ride the X class at that event.

Top Bottom