fatherandson

Mi. Trail Riders
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Feb 3, 2001
Smit-Dog said:
While the FES series put up some great attendence numbers this year, after some more digging found out that the vast majority (70%) still only ride 1 event, and only 10% ride 4 or more events.

Always room for improvement....I think the success of the series can also be measured by the number of smiles after a race. Like the Darmon kid who had a carry a trophy twice his size. He brought it back to see if it was taller than me - not quite.
I did my best to remind everyone at the riders meeting to "Have Fun and Be Safe". A number of people commented at my road crossing...I am having fun!! :)

Mike

Smit-Dog

Mi. Trail Riders
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Oct 28, 2001
fatherandson said:
Always room for improvement...
Didn't mean to imply that! There WAS an improvement in '07 compared to '06 in both sheer number of riders, and the percentage of those riders who rode more of the series.

In '06 20% of the riders rode 2 or more events, and in '07 30% of the riders rode 2+ events. I guess I was just surprised it was such a high percentage that only rode 1 race.

fatherandson

Mi. Trail Riders
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Feb 3, 2001
I am still waiting to hear from a couple of clubs, but we may have eight events again in 2008.
We will start the year in Roselawn and Kalkaska in April, make a trip to Marquette in June, Upland and Moorestown in July. As we move into the Fall, we MAY be making a trip to Harrison or Wolverine, a second trip to Roselawn and I have heard that Goshen is interested in a FES event.
We should have the schedule finalized on December 1st.

Smit-Dog

Mi. Trail Riders
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Oct 28, 2001
Awesome job getting another possible 8 in '08 lined up!

... And another great reason to hit the Muddobber's dual sport event.

fatherandson

Mi. Trail Riders
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Feb 3, 2001
I almost started a new post, but did not....
We do have eight events again this year. The Harrison event moved to late June. I know there is already a schedule on the websites, so I will not retype. If you have questions about the schedule let me know.

We are making some minor changes to the program, but I hope they will generate some more participation in the events. Some clubs have had an informal TROPHY DONATION PROGRAM and I want to formalize it. Anyone who donates 10 Motorcycle trophies to the Family Enduro Series will receive a certificate for one free entry to a FES event. If you do not ride the FES events, bring a friend who has not ridden an enduro in the past. If you would like to participate in this program, please send me an email at mike@nationalenduro.com .
Due to low participation we will be combining two adult classes to form the 20-39 year old class. All other points and trophy paying classes will remain the same.
Due to feedback we are adding a couple of optional EXHIBITION classes - vintage (bikes are 20+ years old) and adults on mini bike (<120cc). The clubs will decide if they want to offer these exhibition classes. They will be scored like the other classes, but no trophy or points are available - just bragging rights. The entry fee should be the same as the P riders since the scoring will be informal (I will probably take care of it).
I have sent an email to each of the clubs with some guidelines on the FES program to promote consistency.

A BIG THANK YOU you to the sponsors of the FES - Moose Racing, Enduro Engineering, Garceau-Wenick-Kutz-Magowan Insurance, Marsh Industrial Welding, Precision Craft Construction and Iott Seed Farms. I wonder how many of the FES banquet award winners did their homework assignment and sent the sponsors a THANK YOU note/email?

Fred T

Mi. Trail Riders
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Mar 23, 2001
fatherandson said:
:| disappointing.....I sent more than that myself.

I did my home work Mr Maurer. I sayed nice things too! :cool:

MuddyBuddy

Nov 1, 2006
I’ve read through most of this thread and I’m curious what the purpose/role is of having an assist rider accompany an adult who is new to the FES? Is it required or something that is available to the new participant? Thanks in advance!

fatherandson

Mi. Trail Riders
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Feb 3, 2001
MD - No specific purpose. Some people would prefer not to be on the trail without a riding partner. Others do not mind riding alone.

Wyatt - I have checked both email addresses - nothing from you. I left you a voicemail this afternoon.

Don Marsh

~SPONSOR~
Jun 5, 2001
Originally Posted by fatherandson
I wonder how many of the FES banquet award winners did their homework assignment and sent the sponsors a THANK YOU note/email?

Three

whitebear

Sep 17, 2007
Don Marsh said:
Originally Posted by fatherandson
I wonder how many of the FES banquet award winners did their homework assignment and sent the sponsors a THANK YOU note/email?

Three

We sent to everyone on the sponser page!!!

UP Magoo

Apr 4, 2002
fatherandson said:
UP Magoo said:
:cool: UPDATE: received another email a couple of weeks ago and I received a letter in the mail today.

So, I'm up to four.

Don Marsh

~SPONSOR~
Jun 5, 2001
Update: I recieved three more emails & a letter.
Don

fatherandson

Mi. Trail Riders
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Feb 3, 2001
I am pleased that more have completed their homework assignment, but I expected the response level to be in the double digits.

fatherandson

Mi. Trail Riders
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Feb 3, 2001
Mr. Leroy Keen (or should I call him Grizzley Keen) gets the honor of being the first to provide FES with 10 motorcycle trophies. He will get certificate # 1001 for a free entry into a Family Enduro in 2008.

BadgerMan

Mi. Trail Riders
Jan 1, 2001
I don't know when I will be able to deliver them but we have at least ten to donate......maybe more like twenty. We found a stock pile when we cleaned out Red's bedroom closet :whoa:

BadgerMan

Mi. Trail Riders
Jan 1, 2001
NO PROBLEM! Just say when.

Don Marsh

~SPONSOR~
Jun 5, 2001
Update- We received a thank you letter today from two youngins from some Camp Chaos Academy............ :yikes:

Mully

Moderator / SuperPowers
Jun 9, 1999
Mike sent you a PM.

Mully

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom