fatherandson

Mi. Trail Riders
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Feb 3, 2001
I am working to promote Family Enduros in the Great Lakes area. Most of the clubs who put on these events use donated trophies in order to keep the costs down. We have a few new clubs to the series this year and they are having some difficulty finding enough trophies for their events.

There is no budget to pay for shipping costs, but if you live in the Great Lakes area we may be able to work something out. If you would like to donate, either make a post here or send me an email at mike@nationalenduro.com.

Thanks!

rmc_olderthandirt

~SPONSOR~
Apr 18, 2006
Sources for used trophies:

Thrift shops, especially if you can get to the place where the pickup trucks take their stuff for sorting.

Little league, PAL, etc. It is common for the larger youth sports organizations to end up with excess trophies that they can't use anymore. I know when I was on the board for a PAL soccer league we threw away dozens of trophies every year.

The problem, of course, is that these trophies are likely to have a soccer or baseball player on them instead of a motorcycle, but you may find some generic trophies.

What you should also do is encourage the winners to skip their trophy. The kids are going to want one, especially their first one. But Mom and Dad will probably discard it as soon as they get it home so they would be just as happy to donate it back.

Rod

fatherandson

Mi. Trail Riders
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Feb 3, 2001
One club who has been putting these events on for more than 30 years accepts all trophies. They purchase motorcycles to replace the softball and soccer players on the top of the trophies.
I am hoping to reduce the amount of labor involved. Many riders do donate their older trophies, but I am hoping to find a supply for the newer clubs.

wardy

2005 Lori Nyland Award Winner
Nov 12, 1999
Hey I have to talk to Wolf,, but i still have the ones he gave me last year for Mully. they are boxed and here still. Will let ya know.

wardy

FlyinRyan

~SPONSOR~
Mar 19, 2001
I'll put something up on my site for you Mike just shoot me an email to remind me. I'd be willing to pick up trophies from different riders / clubs that are in my area or are at different races too. I think I have some at home too I could donate that other riders never picked up.

Smit-Dog

Mi. Trail Riders
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Oct 28, 2001
I'll hit up my contact at MRAN again for trophies. If you remember that organization was able to donate a bunch of unclaimed trophies a couple years ago.

fatherandson

Mi. Trail Riders
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Feb 3, 2001
Thanks guys for your support!
Ryan, I owe Wardy a trip to Fox Valley, but I am not sure if it will happen this year. If you could bring some trophies to a Michigan or Indiana enduro, that would be great!
Mike

Smit-Dog

Mi. Trail Riders
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Oct 28, 2001
How soon are the trophies needed?

I can get a bunch all at once late October / early November, or can get a smaller number in the next month or so.

fatherandson

Mi. Trail Riders
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Feb 3, 2001
I am not aware of any priority. I think one club has already purchased trophies and I have not heard back from a second one. We may need some for events in September and October.

fatherandson

Mi. Trail Riders
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Feb 3, 2001
I will be at the Harrison National Enduro this weekend. If anyone would like to bring some donated trophies, I will load up my van and put them to good use.
Mike

motorhead434

May 28, 2003
Planning on attending the upland and roselawn family enduro's.If needed I can bring trophies to those events.Worked out great this spring with the grand kankakee trail riders=My son and I rode for free and my mom finally got some of those trophies out of her attic.Trophy recycling is cool.

fatherandson

Mi. Trail Riders
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Feb 3, 2001
I have picked up a couple of donations already. Most will be cleaned up and available for distribution at the Wolverine Family Enduro (September 8th).
Motorhead - if you want to donate your trophies to the Muddobbers or GKTR that is great. If they are all set, I can take them. It would be very helpful if they were boxed up as I will be carpooling to Indiana.
Wardy - what did you find out about trophies? I would expect to see ryan at Upland and Roselawn later this year.
Thanks to everyone who has converted your dust collectors and to cherished awards to the kids.
Mike

fatherandson

Mi. Trail Riders
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Feb 3, 2001
Thanks Smit Dog.

Wardy, looks like you had a successful HS event. Congrats!
My riding weekends in September will be in Michigan, but I am going to be making two trips to Indiana in October. In fact, I could make a side trip to FBI country on the Oct 20/21 weekend to pick up some trophies. I will be in Roselawn on the 20th. I realize that is 50 days in the future, but I wanted to throw it out there.

wardy

Nov 12, 1999
I will do some more stuff and see what I can find. THe ones I had here are from wolf and oldguy? that were earmarked for mully's deal this eweekend. What i could do is announce at the HS events, and or the MX events and see if riders have some to give.

What about plaques?

fatherandson

Mi. Trail Riders
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Feb 3, 2001
We have avoided plaques as it is difficult to replace the tags on them. I have found one set of plaques that had a 3" x 5" tag that could be covered up. Rather than having a design or picture on the plaque, a motorcycle trophy top was mounted on the front.
The young kids REALLY like trophies (even recycled ones). I tried to use medals as an award and was told to go back to trophies. I think I would get the same response from plaques.

fatherandson

Mi. Trail Riders
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Feb 3, 2001
Wardy,
What did you find on trophy donations? I think I will see Ryan Moss this weekend in Roselawn. I am planning to carpool, but if I need to drive separate to make a pick up in FBI country I can do that.
Mike

wardy

Nov 12, 1999
I have talked to some of my guys about it and then it got put on the side burner.....once we all get together at the play day in november I can find out whats there. I gave ya all mine LOL, so that well is dry, but I am sure there are more out there!!

fatherandson

Mi. Trail Riders
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Feb 3, 2001
I will be happy to make a trip to IL in November or December to pick up available donations. With my advancement to the Enduro A class I doubt an invitation will be in my mailbox for the D17 banquet.

Smit-Dog

Mi. Trail Riders
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Oct 28, 2001
F&S - Missed getting the trophy boxes to you at the sanctioning meeting. I put them in TDunn's 'Burban.... I'm sure he appreciated more enduro stuff to haul around and store!

They're all soccer, baseball, football, cheerleading, etc trophies, but the bases can be recycled into nice FES trophies. Probably have 20-25 trophies between the 2 boxes.

Top Bottom