fatherandson

Mi. Trail Riders
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Feb 3, 2001
The point standings have been posted on the D14 Enduro website. Thanks to Smitdog for his assistance on the spreadsheet.
We will begin work on round # 3 this weekend. The Kalkaska event will be a two loop event, but I am unsure of the distance. You can expect some ORV trail (maybe some whoops), some NEW trail and some resets. I will know more after this weekend. Anyone who would like to help set up an enduro - arrowing, mileaging and check placement - please let me know. We can always use some help. Trashrider is already planning to work on a check. I am assuming that FredT and Don Marsh will have a check crew at this event. Any help will be appreciated!!
Here is a question of the FES regulars....what do you think about using the RESTART format at one of the events? Round # 3 will be using secret checks, but I have been approached about using the RESTART format at a Family Event in August. IF (I said IF), we add another event (maybe in Harrison) that we will also allow a rider to drop their worst event and count 5 of the 6 events.
So what do you think about the RESTART format at a FES event?

Mike

Smit-Dog

Mi. Trail Riders
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Oct 28, 2001
If we actually have 6 events (WOW! :cool: ), then yes, a restart at the final event would be fine. Same response then with best 5 of 6 events.

Fred T

Mi. Trail Riders
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Mar 23, 2001
Mike
Yes, I'll run a check Sat and arrow this weekend. 5 of 6 rounds kewl with me.
FT

Fred T

Mi. Trail Riders
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Mar 23, 2001
Wolverine423 said:
Mike - Freddy you guys want to get together for a ride this weekend?..

DW

yes, we will be at the club grounds all weekend.

Don Marsh

~SPONSOR~
Jun 5, 2001
Mike put Team Marsh down for a check. Let me know your plans for this weekend if you need help, Sat. is out but I can probably get out Sun. or Mon. When I tell the Race Nazi it is for the kids..............
Don

KTM Mike

~SPONSOR~
Mi. Trail Riders
Apr 9, 2001
Mike FWIW - a restart format would be good i think..show the kids yet another element of enduros.

Hey, is the next event (Kalkaska) going to have both 12 and 18 mph sections, or just 12?

Fred T

Mi. Trail Riders
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Mar 23, 2001
KTM Mike said:
Mike FWIW - a restart format would be good i think..show the kids yet another element of enduros.

Hey, is the next event (Kalkaska) going to have both 12 and 18 mph sections, or just 12?

Mike
First loop is 12 and second loop is 18. This one will be a little tougher than the first run in Kasky. :nod:

fatherandson

Mi. Trail Riders
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Feb 3, 2001
Round # 3 update

The course is marked - a big thank you to FredT for his help. We have a 17 mile loop and will run it twice. Gas will be back at the staging area for Saturday. We found some sand, some whoops, some rocks, some hills, some logs, and some......well, that is a surprise. :nener:
You should find the route sheet on the D14 website and midwesternenduros.com later this week.
If anyone can make it to the staging area early Saturday morning, we could use a few more hands. Think of this weekend as for the District sponsored by the District. Tom Dunn (D14 enduro chair) has done a lot of work to make this weekend possible.
I think everyone will have a great time and will be challenged by the trails on public and private land. See you there!!

Fred T

Mi. Trail Riders
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Mar 23, 2001
Wolverine423 said:
Who's bringing the donuts?

DW

YOU! I like Cinnimon Swirls! We godda get a EZ up and lg cooler on that Rhino for "There is no beauty if there is no booty" - ULTIMATE CHECK TEAM!!!

INCA

~SPONSOR~
Sep 1, 2003
Fred T said:
" There is no beauty if there is no booty" - ULTIMATE CHECK TEAM!!!
[/B]

Would this be like going back to the days of the Hen Weigh Check Team?

Young Ted

Smit-Dog

Mi. Trail Riders
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Oct 28, 2001
For the loco locals or well-traveled yahoos....

Coming from Grayling, looking for route recommendations to staging...

1) Longer main roads -> M-72 to Bear Lake Road north, east on 612 / Manistee Lake Road to Blue Lake Road south to staging

2) Shorter backroads -> M-72 to Blue Lake Road north to staging

Is Blue Lake Road a semi-maintained dirt / gravel road, or a rougher two-track?

Thanks!

Fred T

Mi. Trail Riders
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Mar 23, 2001
Blue lake off 612 to staging is a graded road.

I'd suggest option #1

Don Marsh

~SPONSOR~
Jun 5, 2001
" For the loco locals" Hey! I take offence to that remark!

M-72 to Goose Creek road north to 612. west to blue lake road is another gravel road route. I'm with Fred #1 probably is best.
See everyone there.
Don

INCA

~SPONSOR~
Sep 1, 2003
Bear Lake, Goose Creek, Blue Lake, lond, short, gravel, 612, Manistee Lake. Giving directions to Smit-Dog, I would have sent him on a Wild Goose Chase up the Red River Valley.

Don Marsh

~SPONSOR~
Jun 5, 2001
I thought about doing that Ted, giving him the shortcut info, :yikes: but I figured he would have the family with him.

fatherandson

Mi. Trail Riders
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Feb 3, 2001
What about option # 3? - highway 75 to Frederic, take 612 west to Blue Lake Road and then south to the staging area.
Enduros are not designed for "pretty boys".....if you are worried about scratching your bike or body....go to the MX track with the others

Top Bottom