Wolf

doooode
Jul 31, 2000
I read on another forum that Fantic has been bought and is on its way back. Does anyone have more info on this?
I went to the fantic web site, they have a small press release on it, but not too much info.
Since I am a fantic rider, I would love to see them make a come back. :thumb:

wayneg

~SPONSOR~
Aug 29, 2001
This is really great - I hope that things work out for them. Its always better to have as many options as possible, and the more companies thinking of new ideas then more development will happen. Fantic have a history of creating different technical solutions, and I hope that this tradition carries on - for example the last Section had a power valve, and apparently the motor was both smooth and powerful.

Wolf

doooode
Jul 31, 2000
....this from another web site....

News reaches Trials Central, that the popular Italian trials bike of the eighties could once again become a force to reckon with in the world of trials.The brand name of Fantic has been bought by motorcycle enthusiasts Federico Fregnan and Massimo Bianchi and work is already under way.

Well known for building high quality trials machines Fantic seemed to get the same power from a smaller engine displacement than many of it's competitors with larger cc machines, an early 125 Fantic ridden in the 1978 ssdt by Don Smith, who claimed back then "it went like a 250".

The popular 200 and 240 twinshock models became a common site at trials in the early eighties,and French rider Thierry Michaud, claiming three world trials titles riding Fantic in the mid eighties, the brand is no novice when it comes to world championship trials and has in fact 132 podium finishes to their credit.

At this time 50 cc motard, enduro, and trials machines are in the works with a possibility of seeing a 125cc four-stroke trial in the near future.

As the news broke about the new venture, the company has received thousands of email requesting the motorcycles, lets hope we soon see the new Fantic battling for the position it once held at the top of the podium.

The new company's website launches soon. URL at the top of this article.

Top Bottom