Jammie Hill

Apr 18, 2001
getting my bike ready for a weekend trip to kentucky when I noticed my forks were leaking. They are not leaking alot ( no puddles on the floor) Was wondering if there is an easy way to fix them to hold up for the weekend. The bike shop says they have to order new seals and it will probably be Saturday before I could get them back. Any Ideas is appreciated. thanks, Jammie

KDX220rm

Uhhh...
Jun 3, 2002
One of my KTM250exc's fork started to weep, so I remember a friend telling me to take a film negative and work a corner of the negative all away around the seal. First, make sure there is no dirt around the seal by spraying the area with brake cleaner and then work the fort up and down a couple of times before inserting the film negative. Work it all the way around the seal using a up and down motion. Clean the area again, work the fork up and down a couple of times and then repeat the cleaning process. You might just have a piece of dirt causing the seal to leak. This worked for me and mine isn't leaking anymore. You will leak out a little oil while you have the negative inserted into the seal.

Besure to slide your wipers down first to access the area around your main seal.

Kaw_Boy_5

Apr 18, 2001
I had a seal leaking on a bike when I just bought it and did the film trick. I ordered seals and now 10 months later they are still sitting on the workbench because the seals haven't leaked a drop. That trick worked great for me.

Top Bottom