ellandoh

dismount art student
~SPONSOR~
Mi. Trail Riders
Aug 29, 2004
looks like 1 shot even in slo-mo :whoa:

SS109

Jul 27, 2009
I would really love to see one of these fast guys use real ammo to try their little speed demostations. The funny thing about these guys that most don't know... they don't use normal ammunition.

The ammo they use is special blanks just for their purposes. They do not need to be as accurate with this special ammo as they would with a standard (solid) projectile to hit the target. Think of their "special" ammo as mini-shotshells and you will see how they can be that fast and still be "accurate".

Sorry, having worked with one of these guys, John Mincks (a.k.a. Johnny Tuscadero http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gKPnwoL_Dsg), you come to learn it is more show than an actual skill.

Someone

Mar 12, 2001
I sure as hell wouldn't draw at 10 paces with that dood, fake bullets or not.

FatBiker

Apr 3, 2010
I watched Bob and his Wife do their show a year ago in Spokane at the Outdoorsman show (I think) and at his age in the sixties (late?) I guarantee you with live ammo at one tenth the speed shown he'd still shoot your guts out before you even cleared leather! Just sayin. I shoot a lot, modern and Cowboy guns and I can fast draw with live ammo and I guarantee you you'd be very surprised how fast I am, and I'm not even fast! Live ammo makes it very hard (impossible?) to shoot more than one shot accurately but I'm betting a guy could sure make you duck! :yikes:

ellandoh

dismount art student
~SPONSOR~
Mi. Trail Riders
Aug 29, 2004
if that is not a skill it sure is a good stunt double. maybe we all could earn a living at it if its that easy

SS109

Jul 27, 2009
Last edited:

ellandoh

dismount art student
~SPONSOR~
Mi. Trail Riders
Aug 29, 2004
i like to see the revolver reload in slo-mo :nod:

High Lord Gomer

Poked with Sticks
Sep 26, 1999
Every one of the shooters SS109 showed is a great shooter. IMO, Jerry Miculek is one of the best ever.

The show his reload in (somewhat) slow motion around the 2:40 mark in this video:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XBAPEs5gaaM

Watch the whole thing, though. Much of it was shot at the Ft. Benning 3 Gun match near Columbus, GA. I get to go to that one for the first time this year (this is the 6th year for FB3G).

Jerry does a strong hand reload of his revolver. The weak hand reload seems a lot easier to me. Here is an example of weak hand reloading that doesn't need to be slowed down to see it:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=581LCbKtc5c

I borrowed a revolver and shot that match last weekend. On the first string, after the first 6 shots, my left hand instinctively went for my next magazine and my right thumb went for the mag release. It wasn't until my hand got to my belt that I realized I didn't have magazines and I had to reload differently with a revolver. It had both me and the RO laughing.

Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…