JuliusPleaser

Too much of a good thing.
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 22, 2000
I was just thinking about the pit bike races and I suddenly cracked up.

I was chasing Elk around turn one of the grass track when it happened. I was right on Elk's rear wheel (tapped in third) when his rear wheel stepped out about two feet. Elk never let up - he kept it pinned and did a killer full-lock slide for 15 or 20 feet. I was already laughing my ass off when he turned around and gave me this look -> :eek: as if to say "Did you SEE that?"

Okiewan

Admin
Dec 31, 1969
Texas
Gotta tell ya... the smiles on the faces of those in the pitbike races was it for me. It seems getting on little bikes was as close to what we all ride for in the first place. FUN. Watching that (not to mention Elk in his CHP lid ripping laps) was worth the price of admission!

squeaky

Roosta's Princess
Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Mar 28, 2003
That's a tough one...I had such a good time.

The pit bike races were hilarious, and I can't wait to see the pictures I took (yes, I still have not developed them).

My funniest memory would have to be something I did. Not many people saw it though so here goes:

I had never ridden a pit bike, mini bike, fiddy, whatever you want to call it, besides a Manco Thunderbird before. So, I got on BigLou's fifty, started it up, and he said it's automatic one down, two up (or something like that). I"m like yeah this cannot be that difficult. So I kicked the shifter down and that damn little bike took off like a bat out of hell with me holding on to the handlebars running behind it. I could not stop laughing it was so funny.

My actual favorite memory is probably the amount of people that were out at the end of the Adult Poker Run cheering me on as I finished my last lap. It was so wonderful to see all these people I had never met before in my life standing there just rooting for me and seeing how happy I was that I actually finished five laps! And after all that I even came in 2nd place!

Philip

Dirtweek Junkie
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Feb 15, 2002
The pit bike race was it for me. I think the funniest was when miss Nikki pushed Larry over for CHEATING and starting the race without her. :laugh: :laugh:

WARNING: if for some reason i am still the same weight next year i will be putting you skinny minnies on your gluteus maximus if you try to pass me. :p

B

biglou

Favorite memory is a bit fuzzy, but I heard some jackass rode his fiddy through the fire at 2AM! :laugh:

And Squeak, it's an 81cc, not a fifty!

Patman

Pantless Wonder
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Dec 26, 1999
Originally posted by BigLou
Favorite memory is a bit fuzzy...
Bringin' up the kittens again Lou?!

My favorite memory is the entire time. For me it's a family reunion and there are too many good times to pic any one instance. Heck even the propane alarm going off at 3am was a fun memory :confused:

Tony Eeds

Godspeed Tony.
N. Texas SP
Jun 9, 2002
Originally posted by BigLou
Favorite memory is a bit fuzzy, but I heard some jackass rode his fiddy through the fire at 2AM! :laugh:

Followed by Aunt Aimee .... Pipe down out there ...

Like Pat said, all of it.

Watching Doug and Guy duke it out and the pit bike race rank at the top for racin' fun.

Rooster

Today's Tom Sawyer
Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Aug 24, 2000
Mine was Jen's freestyle fitty show in the pits :aj:

And "franks and beans"

And hangin with Natalie on the poker run

And JP's ex

And flaggin the tag team mx

And doing a woods loop with Thunda, Milk and Pred

And....awww crap, I could write a book! :laugh:

XRpredator

AssClown SuperPowers
Damn Yankees
Aug 2, 2000
Originally posted by Rooster
. . . doing a woods loop with Thunda, Milk and Pred
That was kick ass . . . But I think Milk might only agree on the "camaraderie" aspect of the ride :confused:

A couple more favorites (besides finding those poor kittens), mixin' up the Cap'n and Cokes with Nat, and hearing about Bob Patricko while sharing a bottle of whiskey with VD (and my wife STILL don't own a liquor store).

Last edited:

CaptainObvious

Formally known as RV6Junkie
Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 8, 2000
My favorite memory was pulling into Cooperland. The kids had their faces pressed into the window of the RV and exclaimed “wow, look at that track. Those jumps are awesome”. I thought it looked like a nice track too. Thinking that must be the main track I jokingly said to them, “yeah, that’s the kids track, wait until you see the main”. We park our RV and I walk over to Steve (MrMXer327) who we traveled with and say, “that’s a nice track as you pull in”. Steve says, “yeah, that’s the kids track, wait until you see the main”. I laughed, nervously.

I knew right then and there it was going to be a fun week.

Treejumper

2 wheeled idiot
Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Sep 9, 2000
Originally posted by SqueakyGirl
[BMy funniest memory would have to be something I did. Not many people saw it though so here goes:

I had never ridden a pit bike, mini bike, fiddy, whatever you want to call it, besides a Manco Thunderbird before. So, I got on BigLou's fifty, started it up, and he said it's automatic one down, two up (or something like that). I"m like yeah this cannot be that difficult. So I kicked the shifter down and that damn little bike took off like a bat out of hell with me holding on to the handlebars running behind it. I could not stop laughing it was so funny.
[/B]

I remember run over by you on that fiddy! (sorry Lou, eigthy just doesnt sound cool) Of course if it wasnt for me being in the way you would of eat that metal pole along the track. Glad my legs absorbed the impact. ;)

My favorite memory was probably finishing my first DW event without crashing, breaking or hurting myself or bike. It was good to finally accomplish something there. :cool:

Funniest memory for me has to be the endo on the kiddie track. That is just halarious! Funniest memory for me about someone else was Shawn's (Thatwasclose) falling to the floor in the middle of the night. Someone cut the board that goes between kitchen seats too shorts. So if you moved around too much the board falls dropping you flat on the floor of the RV. Nothing like hearing "Son of a ...." at 3 in the morning! :)

Treejumper

2 wheeled idiot
Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Sep 9, 2000
Oh yeah, i have a feeling the pit bike race next year will have almost as many entries as the big bike races! That was just too fun to just watch. I have to do that next year!

BSWIFT

Sponsoring Member
N. Texas SP
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 25, 1999
This is an easy one!  Meeting everyone and seeing the smiling faces.  Faces that I had seen, some that I hadn't, and some I actually new proper names for.  The riding, the bench racing, the racing, and the food are just extra.  Everyone there for the same thing, fun and socializing.  Even when there were injuries :ugg: there was compassion that only family gives.  Thanks everyone for being apart of the DirtWeek experience. 
I'm closer with many DRN'rs than I am with people I have known all of my life.  I have no problem with this at all.  Besides, we all come to the clubhouse everyday and nite to share a bit of our lives with one another. 

JuliusPleaser

Too much of a good thing.
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 22, 2000
Originally posted by Rooster
Jen's freestyle fitty show in the pits
LOL - Jenny must have forgotten that it was in gear when she pinned the throttle. The look on her face was priceless. :)

Camstyn

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Oct 3, 1999
The whole week was such a blast it's hard to pick out a favorite moment.. Realizing that the reason I rode so badly on my first woods loop was because I had two flat tires, well, that made me feel a whole lot better. :)

Meeting all of the folks in person for the first time who I have gotten to know online, I was impressed with everyone.. The best bunch of people I've ever met!

The last night at the camp fire, there was a lot of bonding, and Wes had me in stitches all night.. I still have nightmares about tarantulas eating turkey legs!

Finally meeting Rooster on the last day..

The late night campfire die hard crew..

The whole trip from start to finish was such a good time, I almost completely forgot about everything else in my life until I got home!

Patman

Pantless Wonder
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Dec 26, 1999
Originally posted by BSWIFT
I'm closer with many DRN'rs than I am with people I have known all of my life. I have no problem with this at all.

Just don't go thinkin' we'll be swapin' spit anytime soon, OK Brian? ;)

BEEF706

Sponsoring Member
Jan 24, 2002
All of it was awesome, the track was cool the woods were intimidating (mx guy) the comraderie was great, but the last night campfire was classic, I STILL have sore irbs from laughing so hard! :yeehaw:

Mully

Moderator / SuperPowers
Jun 9, 1999
In no order:

The mud ball fight at the power washer with PapaK and Jenny, and ????

Elks high dollar fiddy helmet.

The dingo stealing the hunk of chicken from Elk.

Fiddy rodeo riding. (Hey!! Jen isn't doing that on purpose !!!)

14274B45829N6943832457327476X (scoring the motos when 10 riders would be in a group) :laugh:

Being part of the camp fire girls every night. :confused:

Seeing everyone again and for the first time too.

Mully

Flying Scot

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Oct 13, 2002
Has to be meeting everybody. Yes, that is the most favourite memory.

SFC Crash and Julius Pleaser made the biggest impression on Sunday. During the following week, apart from TJ, Lori KTM, Off Road Warrior, PK, Squeaky Girl and RV6 Junkie whom I had the pleasure of meeting and insulting at Paragon in May, I would have to say that the whole group that gathered round the campfire every night were great and showed all their personalities. I apologize only to PK as when he sat on my chair on Thursday night I heard it crack, not due to him but as a result of others and old life. I was rude, obnoxious and in serious back pain.

After I was dummy enough to hurt my back I stayed and tried to party every night but found my patience and attitude severly lacking.

Still when I left I knew so many more people that deserve the best future. ( I had started typing names here but that wouldn't be fairm ). If I leave one person out I would feel bad, as I think was said before everyone made Dirtweek special. Thanks, Okie and Thump for helping put it together. :thumb:

Dapper

Sponsoring Member
Jan 25, 2002
I had 5 days of favorite memories. Can't pick one. Meeting everyone was a kick. Now when I'm in chat I can picture the people talking. :)

BSWIFT

Sponsoring Member
N. Texas SP
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 25, 1999
Originally posted by Patman

Just don't go thinkin' we'll be swapin' spit anytime soon, OK Brian? ;)

LMAO! :laugh:

How to speak Texan:
"We've Howdy'd but we ain't shook yet." Translated as:
"We've been aquainted but haven't been formally introduced." :)

GETMETOCA

Can't Wait For Tuesdays
Mar 17, 2002
I think one of my favorite memories was when Pred, Eddie, Cam, XR3J, and a few others were over in my camp kitchen hangin' out and we were mixing up some Rum and Cokes. Rooster came back from Walmart and pulled a big bottle of Captain Morgan and two kitties out of a bag. ("what's the kitties for???") Well, I found out what the kitties were for, I can't remember the last time I laughed that hard and so out of control.  :)

Many, many, many other memories.  I think about them all the time, good stuff.  Meeting people I had not met the year before was a big one.  I'm already clearing the calendar for next year.

squeaky

Roosta's Princess
Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Mar 28, 2003
Originally posted by Mully
In no order:

The mud ball fight at the power washer with PapaK and Jenny, and ????

Wow..I almost forgot about that!

That was when I met my football bet losing friend Philip (next year Philip, I will be sure to make my bike SUPER dirty before I give you the honor of washing it)! :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: ;)

mx547

Ortho doc's wet dream
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 24, 2000
xrpred called me a "ricky lover". i told him i was a ricky defender.

i considered it a compliment, coming from him. ;)

Top Bottom