Person8

LIFETIME SPONSOR
May 24, 2001
I went to check the squirt time of my accelerator pump today, and am a bit confused by what I saw. When the throttle is twisted, the metal fork shaped bit moves away from the black dogleg - this dogleg never moves. What is supposed to move the dogleg , thereby pushing the rod that actuates the pump?

Larry

Anssi

May 20, 2001
The same spring that is attached to the axis about which both the fork and dogleg pivot should keep constant pressure on the dogleg and make it move when the fork lets it. Mind you, it won't move much, the rod should go down about 1-3 mm or so. Also, at the end the fork will most probably not touch the dogleg anymore, since at the other end it's the rod that stops the dogleg from moving.

Anssi

May 20, 2001
Oh yeah, open your accelerator pump cover (on the bottom of the carb). Crud accumulates on top of the diaphragm and around the rod and impedes normal operation.

Person8

LIFETIME SPONSOR
May 24, 2001
I figured it out. The pin that goes down into the carb was stuck at it's topmost position. I fiddled around with it until it would slide up and down properly.

Larry

Top Bottom