hisided196

Jan 17, 2002
This is my first post here. Lots of useful info and intelligent people around here. I own a 2001 KX125. I was watching a practice video and I look like I'm cramped up in the standing attack position. What would be a good bar bend for me. I'm 6'1" tall. I have the RC bend bars which are supposed to be some of the tallest bars made but they aren't tall enough. I want a tall bar without a lot of sweep; I like my bars pretty straight. If I get the adapters for 1-1/8" bars what size bars should I get. I thought about getting the tag cr double hi' but I'm afraid those will be to high. I was also looking at getting taller seat foam seeing how the KX has the highest mounted pegs of any bike I've ridden. Any 6' KX pilots with any suggestions or anyone else.

MX-727

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Aug 4, 2000
I'd recommend a new top clamp. Check out www.brpit.com or Emig Racing (blue circle with ER in it on the left side of this page.) You need to get a clamp that has a higher rise and allows you to move the bars forward. I run the RC bend of Renthal TwinWalls. These bars are virtually unbendable, and have very little sweep, so they help pull you forward also. Some of the taller bars, have a lot of sweep, so you end up cramped with your hands a little higher. I'm 6'4" with a KX250 and 125. Tall seat foam helps with the transitions from sitting to standing.

Boodac

~SPONSOR~
Oct 31, 2001
Bar Height

The KX 2001 has the bar clamps that you can reverse to move your bars foward. If you go the Renthal, which are probably the cheapest of the good bars, the Jimmy Button bend is the tallest. After that I believe its the Windham bend. If you dont mind spending a little more money go with the Pro Tapers. You will have to purchase the clamps for your Triple Clamps which will race the height another 1/2" above the bar height selection.

MX-727

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Aug 4, 2000
Wasn't sure which year Kawi gave the good clamp to the 125. You can get the aftermarket clamps that allow you to move the bars even further forward. The Button bars have a lot of sweep, so you don't gain much. Height of the bars is only one factor and maybe not the most important one. For me, I look for the straightest bar and then pick the tallest of those. The measurements are on the Renthal website. Most other bar companies copy Renthals bends, so you can find an equivalent from other companies.

hisided196

Jan 17, 2002
Thanks for the suggestions. The KX didn't come with the adjustable triple clamps until 2002 on the 125's. I guess I'll have to spend the extra cash and get the triple clamps to get the bars away from me. Thanks again.

Hucker

~SPONSOR~
Sep 15, 2000
Look into a pair of TAG either the T2's or the X5's. CR Double Hi, highest bars I have seen yet with minimal sweep. Higher than any Renthal, even the Button's.

Top Bottom