feels lean on the topend.

cr25096er

Apr 16, 2002
my 96cr250 just dosnt seem to have the pull it should when im really reving it. over the winter i put boyesen pro searies reeds in, a fmf scilencer and regeared it(1 tooth higher cs sprocket). now the weather is about 60-70 degrees and dosnt seem too humid. i think i have the pilot jet dialed in but the mid range seems like its not right and wot feels lean(revs like mad but the power dosnt seem to be there)i cant really tell if the mid range is lean or rich but im thinking lean. would richining the main a step(180) possibly clean the mid range up a bit(and of course wot)? another thing i was pondering was if leaning the needle a notch and richening the main a step would do anything? where is a good place to find tires? what would be the best rear i could get for gravle pits, mostly soft terrain? another thing is does it matter if you put the master link clip on backwards? i put it on today and rode but didnt realize it was backwards till i washed my bike. sorry for all these questions but knowledge is power( i could use some more spelling power also lol)

john stu

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 7, 2002
i think i was running a 178 main in my 96 cr250 at sea level with pump gas and with an fmf pipe and silencer if you are not sure about your jetting go to a bigger main and if it runs better you know you are heading in the right direction if its worse then go leaner and yes the master clip has to be on the right way if looking it the chain on the bike from the side with the master link on the top of the swingarm the open side of the clip should face towards the back of the bike it it does not turn it around or it could fall off when riding.

cr25096er

Apr 16, 2002
oops i just checked the link, i was looking at it when it was on the bottom of the swing arm, its on correctly.

Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…