Shagy100

Sep 4, 2006
I just found out today that our former enduro chairman Brain Southworth suffered a heart attack 2 days ago and it is unsure if he is going to make it. There is a possability he could have been without oxygen for quite a long time. I will update if i get anymore on the sistuation

jason33

Oct 21, 2006
Jesus saves--prayer works!!!!

mabe he will make a complete comeback- hopefully- God works in mysterious ways sometimes

its scary for all of us but he is real!
God bless------best wishes

get well soon!!

tdunn976

Aug 23, 2003
Spent the evening at Sparrow Hospital with Brian's Family.
He is in The cardiac intensive care unit.

Brian is at this time in an induced coma to help him heal.
The doctors have hope due to signs given them during treatment, and will know more as they reduce the coma medication today.They do not know at this time why his heart stopped but suspect either viral infection or genetic problem.
It is unclear at this time.

Your thoughts and prayers are much appreciated by the family.

All of us that know Brian know he is a fighter and that he will fight to get back!

slowone

Aug 4, 2006
I don't know Mr. Southworth personally, but I'll say a prayer for him! Sorry to hear about anyone being down and out. Hope he pulls through.

Wolverine423

~SPONSOR~
Oct 2, 2005
I'm really blown away over this bad news! Brian keeps himself in pretty good shape with mountain biking and all! I know he was really excited this past early spring with his new purchase of a hotrod Canondale mtb! Please keep us posted on his health. Prayers

DW

Fred T

Mi. Trail Riders
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Mar 23, 2001
Wolverine423 said:
I'm really blown away over this bad news! Brian keeps himself in pretty good shape with mountain biking and all! I know he was really excited this past early spring with his new purchase of a hotrod Canondale mtb! Please keep us posted on his health. Prayers

DW

I was thinking the same thing DW, just a reminder how important is is to keep an eye on your blood pressure and cholesterol! Man I wish him the best.

olderndirtmom

Apr 28, 2007
I do not know your friend, but will definitely keep him in my thoughts and prayers.

Many of my closest friends are marathoners and Ironman level triathletes. There is no way to predict when calamity will strike. Although we all cherish our health, for some reason it is especially poignant to see someone fighting when they've dedicated their life to celebrating their own fitness, challenging their body to good health.

A special thank you for reaching out on behalf of the family/your friend. Comforting and gathering strength from one another make this planet a bit easier to inhabit. It's not an easy road oftimes. It takes special people to gather that circle.

My prayers are with you. Please take good care.

Last edited:

woodsy

~SPONSOR~
Mi. Trail Riders
Jan 16, 2002
Please let Brians family know that he/they are in our prayers! That hospital stuff aint NO fun but hopefully he has a full and speedy recovery.
Woodsy and fam

tdunn976

Aug 23, 2003
Brian had a rough night,but the signs that he is there are promising.(Siezures are expected as they bring him off the meds. the doctors say.).
As he is being brought out of the induced coma, he is opening his eyes and looking at the family member talking.
All baby steps but promising.Will be a long road ahead.

Magoo

~SPONSOR~
Aug 12, 1999
tdunn976 said:
Brian had a rough night,but the signs that he is there are promising.(Siezures are expected as they bring him off the meds. the doctors say.).
As he is being brought out of the induced coma, he is opening his eyes and looking at the family member talking.
All baby steps but promising.Will be a long road ahead.
Man, I sure wish Brian the best with this battle!
I can only offer my prayers and the MOST POSITIVE thoughts I can muster. :nod:

C

circuit rider

Tom Dunn,

Do you have contact info for Clint and Brian's family?

I've known the Southworth family for a lotta years...

Prayers for the family, and anything else I can do.

Mike Sr.

tdunn976

Aug 23, 2003
To all,
8;45 pm just got off the phone with Clint.
Brian southworth, wont come out of the coma.
the family was told that if a miricle doesn't happen by tuesday ,a decision will have to be made.
I'll try to put contact info on tomorrow,or call me 517-896-9757

BadgerMan

Mi. Trail Riders
Jan 1, 2001
Sad news.......we will continue praying for Brian and his family.

Wolverine423

~SPONSOR~
Oct 2, 2005
If thats what it takes lets not give up and all keep praying for a miracle!

DW

tdunn976

Aug 23, 2003
Small Miracles today!
Brian seemed to know his father and was able to respond to some questions with nodding of his head.
Lets hhope for more miracles for Brian and his family.
Thanks to all that have come to the hospital, I believe it helps.

C

circuit rider

faith, hope, and love

I got a call from Brian's dad last night and there was great hope for recovery. He's responding.

Blessings on all you faithful people,

Mike Sr.

KTM Mike

~SPONSOR~
Mi. Trail Riders
Apr 9, 2001
That web site is up. While i know who Brian is, I dont know him personally - it still brings tears to my eyes reading what he and his family is going through. They are all in my prayers.

Smit-Dog

Mi. Trail Riders
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Oct 28, 2001
Some new pictures posted at www.briansouthworth.com.

augustescape1.jpg

augustescape2.jpg

augustescape3.jpg

fatherandson

Mi. Trail Riders
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Feb 3, 2001
Great News!!!

A large group of us visited Brian last night. I am glad we made it to Grand Rapids as he MAY be headed home TOMORROW! He was very excited!
We were at the hospital for over three hours...well beyond visiting hours. When they started to turn the lights off we knew it was time to leave. We could tell that he was getting tired and we still had to drive home. He shook everyone's hand as we left and he told me....See you at Wolverine!!!
Alan Randt told him he would be the Grand Marshall of the event weekend! :boss:

Top Bottom