Fred T

Mi. Trail Riders
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Mar 23, 2001
Fender just passed his "Tire changing" final exam tonight and mounted up a fresh dunlopper 752 on the rear of the mighty KDX. I showed him how to move the needle jet so she's jetted and officially ready to go. New tires on both ends, rad braces, new handguards, pro taper bars, greased, lock tighted and purring like a kitty. :aj: :thumb:

BadgerMan

Mi. Trail Riders
Jan 1, 2001
Fred T said:
Fender just passed his "Tire changing" final exam tonight and mounted up a fresh dunlopper 752 on the rear of the mighty KDX.

Did he draw any blood? Ya gotta bloody some knuckles when you change a rear tire! :aj:

We're darn near ready to go too. I have done the top ends on both my YZF AND Ian's KDX. I also sent my suspension to Jeremy Wilke for the full "works" treatment. Can't wait to try it out :yeehaw:

Oh, and I think Hurricane is gonna move up to the XR100R this year! :thumb:

fender92883

~SPONSOR~
Mi. Trail Riders
Aug 26, 2002
Sorry, no blood. Does that mean that it doesn't count? Please don't tell me I've got to re-take my exam! :eek:

I can't wait to take that baby out on the trails! I took it for a spin today around the neighborhood and it feels SO GOOD to be on a bike again...even though I'm still a little timid about the extra gobs of power I've got! Now to get it in the dirt...:aj:

BadgerMan

Mi. Trail Riders
Jan 1, 2001
fender92883 said:
Please don't tell me I've got to re-take my exam! :eek:

There's no sense in re-doing your bike. I have a couple new tires you can mount for your re-take. The 19 inch rears are easier too! :laugh:

fender92883

~SPONSOR~
Mi. Trail Riders
Aug 26, 2002
Yeah, I'll be right there :eek:

Actually I'm pretty glad that I was able to get that tire on pretty much without assistance. I also did the front tire a few weeks ago with a little more help from the expert! :thumb:

As good as it feels to have my bike ready for Spring, I feel a little bummed because now there's NOTHING left for me to do to my bike to get it ready :think:

Maybe if I ask this guy to bounce around Michigan for a while it'll help melt the snow? :flame:

Last edited:

woodsy

~SPONSOR~
Mi. Trail Riders
Jan 16, 2002
Man, you guys are fast on the maintenance too!!! I am still waiting for parts for the KX! Poor thing looks so sad sitting up on the bench in total disarray :( I always LOVE that "refresh" feel they have when done though - like starting with a brand new bike! Hey Fender, your gonna really like the way that 752 hooks up! What size tire did you guys put on it?
Hey Badger, you gotta phone number for Jeremy Wilke that you can share with me? I may be able to send him some business! If so, please PM it over to me..
Thanks
Woodsy

MWEISSEN

Whaasssup?
Mi. Trail Riders
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Dec 6, 1999
BadgerMan said:
I have done the top ends on both my YZF AND Ian's KDX.

Also thanks to you the top end on mine is done as well, when I couldn't get my hands to work those circlips around well enough. I got the rest buttoned up tonight - just gotta finish the fork oil, bleed the front brakes and clutch, and I'm all set. Then on to Andy's CR - we found fork oil on the floor from both forks!

Smit-Dog

Mi. Trail Riders
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Oct 28, 2001
And for your graduate thesis, may I suggest a pair of Trellies, out on a snowy trail, 20° temps, a wet lighter, and half-pint of Joker's Wild.

Seriously Fender, you've got a top-notch pit boss in the house. And since practice makes for quicker tire changes, I hereby nominate you MTR's Official Tire Changer for the 2004 season.

woodsy

~SPONSOR~
Mi. Trail Riders
Jan 16, 2002
Congrats Fender - tis a fine Title and I am sure you will enjoy the position!! Oh, by the way, might as well enjoy that "non-bloody knuckle" feel right now - even the best tire changers slip some time. Remember this too, when it finally happens it is ok to hold your hand between your legs and cry!!

Tom Dixon

Farmer Tom = Face Planter
Mi. Trail Riders
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 15, 2001
My first tire change I pinched my tube. Oh wait I still pinch tubes! Good job man!

Don Marsh

~SPONSOR~
Jun 5, 2001
Farmer,
That because you won't listen to your dad!
He has alot of experiance to offer.
Don

woodsy

~SPONSOR~
Mi. Trail Riders
Jan 16, 2002
YOu mean ur suppose to put tubes in em?? Maybe thats why my tires always seem flat :) I should have listened closer to my Pop too!

fender92883

~SPONSOR~
Mi. Trail Riders
Aug 26, 2002
I realize that bloody knuckles come with the territory, but I do want to celebrate the fact that I didn't bleed OR pinch a tube on my first attempt! :thumb:

As for the nomination...uhh, I'll have to think about that one...

fender92883

~SPONSOR~
Mi. Trail Riders
Aug 26, 2002
AH! I almost forgot! I still have to mount my TrailTech computer! :aj: I've got one SWEET ride! I also ordered some DRN fender stickers today.

Only thing that'll be left after that is a new '04 ORV sticker! :yeehaw:

Last edited:

70 marlin

Mi. Trail Riders
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Aug 15, 2000
Nathan: I have some extra credit for you, Remove my studded tires on the Berg and install the S-12's That should satisfy the blood requirement on the final for you.
Woodsy Who the H##L needs tubes? What that green monster does to tires you should go with solid rubber or maybe steel.

Tom Dixon

Farmer Tom = Face Planter
Mi. Trail Riders
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 15, 2001
Don, your words are true, but it's just so hard to listen!

Top Bottom