few simple questions about breaking my bike in

chris walsh

Apr 29, 2008
heyy guys, i'm getting my first two stroke bike today.

can someone tell me the PROPER way to break it?
also, i'll be running a 32:1 ratio so whats the oil you would suggest i use?

the bike is a kx100. i'm new to bikes, so just a few things i want to be sure on.

thanks!

Beuford

Feb 23, 2008
You will get a few differant ways to break it in,all will be right, so i wont go there.
But if the bike is brand new then i would recommend getting a magnetic oil drain plug,"If it is not already magnetic", to collect any debri as the tranny parts wear in and change the oil after inital break in and then a couple more times after 1 hour. Then go on the normal oil changes.
Clean the drain plug each time
Keep the drain plug for the life of the bike, these things are great.

midlifemoto

Oct 4, 2007
don't baby it....top end needs to seat in properly...don't go out and run it wide open for an hour either...start by warming it up real good, run for 15 minutes throught the rpm range, but only wide open for brief moments...after an hour it should be good to go

_JOE_

~SPONSOR~
May 10, 2007
Read the manual very carefully. I'm sure it will give specific break-in instructions. The manufacturers aren't stupid, do what they tell you.

VISaki

May 25, 2008
I just re tinged my kx100 and can tell a difference in the kickstand up and down movement its alot more stiff so compression is back up there. I just ran it thru the gears stopped ran it thru the gears then stopped. then Ran it hard thru all the gears..then hit some trails lightly for 30 minutes and she was good to go.

Top Bottom