elginboxer

Nov 7, 2004
Hello all,well our family sunday consisted of getting up at 6a.m. getting my youngest sons kit and bike organised as this was a day he'd been looking forward to for a long time now and he's still only 5,so we set off about half past 6 and went to an event which was held by our local club as a charity raising practice day,Dean and me thought he was going to be in with the 65cc class 8-10 year age group but it turned out they were only running two different classes which was Schoolboy 65cc to125 and Adults 125 up.So Dean was on his KX60 lined up next to 65s 85s B/W+ S/W and 125s he looked rather unsure but when the time came he just dumped the clutch and off he went,lovely start unfortunatly he appeard not to find third,flat out second gear nothing to see but two stroke smoke and then he picked up again,so he did evey race and always came last but he finished it and loved every minute of it :aj: He has still got just over two years before he is old enough to race in 65 class,although everyone jokes that by the time he'll be old enough to race 65s he'll likely be riding a big wheel 85 :yikes: Anyway i realise this isn't your usual high octane race report....But i am very proud with my little guy and the effort he put in :worship:
P.S. Tell me in the states do your kids also appear to be made of rubber?They fly off bounce about then look for their bike and get back on :eek:

Flying Scot

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Oct 13, 2002
They do bounce well, but not as high on the rocks here in Pa. Sounds like you were having as much fun watching him as I do with my kids.
Just came back in October from spending a month with my Mother in Inverness and visiting relatives in Lossie, didn't hear many bikes in the hills but saw plenty of low cc dual sports around Inverness used for daily transport.
Good reasons to live and ride in Scotland. You can were tons of protective clothing and not worry about sweating your ---- off.
Get some more of the Clans on here will you ! :cool:

elginboxer

Nov 7, 2004
field race

:) Nice to hear from you Flying scot, yes i was having as good a time as he was,we had a good field race outside Urquhart in october and a cracking enduro at lossiemouth last year and another in monoughty forest outside Elgin which i personally had a couple of fun days picking routes and falling off clickhere grampian club in Elgin now has approx 250 members so it's on the up :aj: Your right about the weather though I am entering a trials event tomorrow and we now have a touch of snow on the ground :ohmy: All the best to you and your family both at home and away!!!

Last edited:
Top Bottom