Badgadjit1

Feb 20, 2006
I have a 2 piece UNI Air filter and was wondering can i only oil the outer foam piece and then insert the inner peice and then stick in on the bike? i've always been really bad about cleaning but this year gonna try and turn a new leaf and do everything right..lol

rcd771

Nov 27, 2005
just oiled both, but have question too.

I just oiled BOTH, the inner and outer filter on my kx250. Not trying to highjack this thread, but I am also wondering how much oil to put on the filters? I applied enough to cover them entirely, but not enough to ooze out of them. When I squeeze them, there is no oil that drips out of them, but they sure seem to be covered really well. Just wondering how to tell when enough is enough? It seems if you get too much on them it would restrict the airflow to the motor. Thanks.

JST122

Dec 29, 2005
You want to completely soak the filter so that it is completely covered inside and out and then squeeze out any excess and you will be good to go.

twoofeach

Dec 15, 2004
rcd771 said:
It seems if you get too much on them it would restrict the airflow to the motor. Thanks.

After squeezing out the majority of the oil, I use an old newspaper and give it a quick pass. Remember to oil the day before you ride or at least give it some time for the alcohol to evaporate. Take your time, give it a good massage, carefully install and this will minimize your chances of sucking in dirt.

Top Bottom